Does He?

Jack could feel the guilt rushing into him as he flew up the stairs. Of course he hesitated when he reached the second staircase. It was the first time he had ever used his power to hurt someone physically. Sure, he had made a few people slip and threw a few snowballs, but it was solely out of fun. On Elsa, it had been out of a mixture of anger, betrayal, and sadness. He continued up the stairs until he reached the room where Elsa was captured. There were arrows scattered on the ground and lodged in walls. Blocks of ice were everywhere. The balcony railing was demolished with a block of ice covering half of it. And in the middle of it, was a giant glowing chandelier made out of ice. However it was broken and on the floor. Broken pieces of crystal were lying on the ground. Jack knelt down and picked up a shard. He sighed, already regretting what he said to Elsa. She didn't deserve to die. Why had he said that? This was partially my fault. He was living a lie. And he wouldn't find out who he was before becoming Jack Frost until five hundred years later. All he wanted were answers. Someone to be honest with. Elsa had ruined that chance. But there was something about her. What happened next surprised me. He started to sing in a clear voice. Not perfect, but still beautiful. Jack was never perfect. He started to walk around as he sang. I had never heard of the song. Was he making it up on the spot? If he was, then he was a talented writer. As I listened to the lyrics, I thought of Jack's relationship with Elsa. He wouldn't know what he has until he let her go. "Only you know you love her when you let her go... And you let her go." He finished sadly. Was it possible? Was Jack developing feelings for Elsa? Did he love her? Or did he at least... Like her?
***********************************
"Of course he doesn't love me." Elsa said to herself. She pushed the thought away. Every time a boy touched her or tried to get close to her, she would push him away. So why was Jack any different? No one even tried to get close to her. Not anymore. "You're the queen of isolation. Just don't get close too him. He just wished I was dead! Of course I can't love him." She thought. But he was the one person who had gone through what she had. Or at least something similar. She lived in fear and isolation. She wouldn't feel. Him who lived in a world of fun. With no one to notice or enjoy it with him. He couldn't be seen. She straightened up and wiped any trace of tears from her cheek. How could he love a girl like her? But, Elsa was slowly beginning to develop mixed feelings about him. With a wave of her hand, she changed back into her signature ice blue dress. She fixed her braid and pulled it over her shoulder. "Jack Frost!" She called, her voice cracked however. "Frost!" She tried again. She slowly walked forward, but then turned around. "You can come in Marshmallow!" She called behind her. Elsa heard the snow monster grunt unpleasantly and walk farther away. He went just outside of the stairs and disguised himself as a snowy rock. Might as well I reckon. Elsa continued to walk up the stairs when Jack appeared. His mouth widened at Elsa's new appearance. Graceful and beautiful. Much more beautiful in the ice castle with the light reflecting off the ice and sparkles of her dress. He shook his head and went back into reality. His eyes pierced into hers. "Elsa... I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me. I just, I don't know. I'm sorry." He said with a genuine, sorrowful tone. Elsa simply nodded. "Apology accepted Jack. Now let's get some rest and wait for Olaf." She said coldly. Jack looked shocked at her tone. But all he did was nod and sit by the staircase. Elsa sat next to him, but kept her distance. Jack awkwardly placed his staff next to him. His eyes flickered to and from Elsa like a burning flame. Elsa stared straight ahead at the door. Finally, after ten minutes of silence, Jack burst like a dam overfilling with water. He gently took Elsa's shoulder and spoke quietly. "Why are you being like this?" Elsa flinched at his touch and tensed up. She shifted away from him, so his hand fell. "Like what?" She replied casually. "Why are you acting so cold?" He answered. "It's my job Jack. I don't get close to people besides family. Besides, I'm supposed to be cold. I'm the queen of ice and snow." She added. "I'll change that." He murmured. "What?" She asked. "Oh nothing." He covered up. "You just wait." He thought.

A.N: Well, stuff is happening. Okay, school is going to be coming up like next month and I'm going to make a writing schedule. Hope you understand. I better go. It's almost midnight and I should go to sleep. Love you guys. Let's get this to 300 reads! Love you! Vote, comment, and follow! Stay frozen! JELSA!!❄️❄️