The View (Beginning of Idol Universe)

For their first date, Kim Taehyung wanted to bring Jennie Kim to a romantic, secluded place, away from managers and potential sasaengs. So he told her to meet him on the rooftop terrace of his luxurious apartment complex.

It was a modernly decorated terrace with minimalist outdoor furniture, metal chairs and tables, wicker sofas and armchairs with padded seating and several cantilever umbrellas. He had arranged for the complex owner to close the area for a private event and for the doorman to personally escort Jennie to the private entrance.

When she arrived, she found Tae standing by the empty bar area. "This place is beautiful!" she exclaimed as she walked/skipped up to him.

He gave her a bear hug, picked her up, her feet lifting off the ground, and then put her down. A tiny squeal escaped Jennie as she held onto him. His warmth added to the summer night's air. Ever since he asked her out last week, she was looking forward to this first date.

"You know what else is beautiful?" he asked, leaning closer to her.

"This view?" She looked around, taking in the 360 degree panoramic view of Seoul bordering the Han River.

"You," he grinned. He nuzzled her nose cutely and kissed her cheek. A sensual feeling she had been yearning for since she first saw BTS on stage, exploded throughout her nervous system.

Jennie blushed hard. "Aren't you the sweetest thing?" she said, draping her arms around his shoulders.

"Sorry...that sounded corny." His face fell forward a bit from embarrassment. They shared a laugh before he continued, trying to shake away the nervous feelings of a first date. "Anyways...you look amazing," he said, giving her the elevator eyes, checking out her casual designer tee and jeans, and biting his lower lip.

She loved the fact that he could look stylish in almost anything he wore, tonight being a white dress shirt and brown slacks. "And so do you. You always look amazing." When her eyes caught the setup of fancy food and drinks on a nearby table, her jaw dropped in awe. "And this is amazing!"

They moved to the mock dining area and enjoyed a gourmet dinner. Then they changed scenery on a wicker sofa to be more comfortable as they talked and laughed easily into the night. While they took turns playing music for each other from their phones, their conversations touched on their busy schedules and promotion events for their respective K-pop groups.

"What does that mean in Korean?" Tae asked her when he heard an English song he liked.

Jennie translated as they sat close to each other. "It means 'we'll be dancing the same groove when we're ninety-two, same as seventeen.'"

Tae held her hand as she spoke in their native tongue. The cadence of her speech and her soft hand in his made his heart melt. "You're so good at English. Teach me."

Jennie smiled. "What words do you want to learn?"

He looked down at her hand and marveled how tiny it looked within his long fingers. "What's this?" he asked, giving her a squeeze.

"Hand," she said in English with her semi-New Zealand accent.

He glanced at her fingers. "Your hand is small. Can we compare hands?"

Tae held his large hand up by his shoulder, palm toward her. Excited for some skin to skin contact, Jennie touched his hand and smiled. They both checked out the size comparison, his long fingers towering over her. Then his fingers slid in between hers, intertwining and holding her for a second. A nervous giggle escaped her as he took her by surprise. 

"Tiny hands," he said, grinning cutely. Jennie had to tear herself away from his big brown eyes so she could remember to breathe. "Tell me more body parts."