View of Paris 🔥

In May of 2023, Jennie Kim was on a plane from Singapore to Paris. BlackPink was still in the midst of their Born Pink tour but the K-pop idol had time to fit in an appearance at the Cannes Movie Festival. Jisung, Kim Taehyung's loyal bodyguard, picked her up from the airport and brought her to The Peninsula Hotel. There in the lobby bathroom she texted her boyfriend that she was on her way and then changed out of the worn-for-the-last-ten-hours clothes.

Now wearing a cream colored Chanel fuzzy sweater, a red and blue grid scarf, and dark blue jeans, she took the elevator up to the rooftop garden suite and punched in the key code that Tae had given her. The room inside was lit but silent.

"Tae?" She walked down the short hallway from the foyer that opened up to the living area. She tried to make a grand entrance, stepping out with her hands on her hips, her feet apart. "I have arrived!"

Looking around, Jennie still didn't see him. She turned around completely, even checking by the front door in case he was hiding. Her eye caught a chocolate Eiffel Tower on the round table by a pair of French doors. Her grumbling stomach moved her toward the hotel provided snack and she broke off a piece of the sweet delicacy. As it melted in her mouth, she wondered where Tae had planned for them to go for dinner.

Suddenly, Jennie did a double take. There at the leg of the chocolate tower was a small velvet jewelry box.

From her peripheral vision, she saw Tae emerge from the bedroom area wearing a white buttoned shirt and jeans. Between the box Jennie had seen and the first sight of Tae after a few weeks, she was at a loss for words.

"Hi, babe," he said shyly.

"Hey, gorgeous," she said, as he approached her with thoughtful steps, concentrating on what to say next. She stayed still, letting him lead the moment. When he stood in front of her, he reached for the velvet box.

"Jennie," Tae started, looking at the box. "When the company told us we would enlist in the military, I got scared. But then I thought about who I want to see at the drop-off center. And eighteen months later who I want to see when I end my service..." Their eyes met. He took one of her hands in his, the warm touch of his long fingers gladly received by her. "It's you."

Jennie's eyes widened and she melted at his confession. Then she let out a tiny gasp when he got down on one knee and opened the small box. He presented to her a white gold diamond engagement ring that sparkled in the tiny light provided by the inside top of the box.

"I have a big heart full of love. Will you take it, Jennie?" He lowered his face and covered it, timidly. Then his dark chocolate eyes were on her, shining bright, and the corners of his mouth turned up. "Will you marry me?"

Jennie's heart skipped a beat. It felt like a dream. She had been wanting him to say those words for years. "Yes!" she exclaimed when she finally found her voice.

She jumped in tiny from the excitement as Tae rose from the floor. He chuckled as he took her right hand and placed the shiny ring on her third finger, leaving the velvet box on the table. Then they gave each other a loving kiss and embrace, while she sneaked a peak at how the sparkly jewelry looked on her hand.

"Tae...it's beautiful. Thank you." They let go and looked at each other, their hearts never feeling so full. "I love you." A tear she didn't know had formed, trickled down her cheek. Tae captured it with a kiss.

"Saranghae." He gave her a gentle kiss on the lips, lovingly wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Taehyung, marry me!" Jennie giggled, referring to the comments ARMYs made online.

"Ah...okay," he said, playing along.

"Oh! Can we take a picture?" She stepped back to pull her phone out of her purse. As she set it up, propped up on the coffee table of the living room, Tae returned to his kneeling position. After she set the timer, they posed for a few pictures and took some selfies as well. She shared the pics with Tae then sent them to family and friends while he did the same. Jennie smiled as her thumbs pressed the screen thinking how well her mom and his parents got along after their initial meeting. It made her feel safe and secure that they would be there for her as support when Tae would be in the army for a year and a half.