Slow Dancing (AU) 🔥

Hi Readers! In this alternate universe, Tae and Jennie are actors. I actually found this short story I wrote 10 years ago and turned it into this mature Taennie oneshot. Hope you enjoy!

About 7000 words

"Please, open your eyes," Jennie Kim says to the man lying down on the couch.

"I can't. I'm too weak." Kim Taehyung coughs and turns his head against the pillow.

"Don't say that. You have to be strong." She moves closer to him, sitting on the edge of the cushion.

"It's too late for me, my love."

"The doctors can still help you."

"They tried everything. We have to say good-bye." Tae's eyelids flutter open, his moist eyes meet Jennie's gaze.

"No, I can't live without you!" she protests, desperation in her voice.

"You have to do one last thing for me."

She sniffles. "What is it?"

"Kiss me. Kiss me like you did on our first date."

A silent beat. Jennie covers her face with the script she is holding, embarrassed and thankful that's where the scene ends. The two actors share a laugh as the director yells, "Thank you!"

The atmosphere in the audition room shifts as chairs slide back from the table of staff members from the production company and the actors rise from the couch. The director approaches Jennie, a young woman with a figure of perfect elegance. She has dark and abundant hair so glossy that it throws off the sunshine with a gleam and a face which besides being beautiful from regularity of feature and richness of complexion had the impressiveness of being small and round shaped.

"We'll call you and let you know," he says to Jennie

She bows slightly as she walks toward the door. Then the director turns to Tae who is standing nearby. The tall, slender actor listens attentively, his beautiful eyes glancing at Jennie before the door closes behind her. His handsome, cinematic face with model-like looks, gives the man talking a thoughtful stare. And his clear, smooth skin contrasts nicely with his jet-black stylish hair, framing his symmetrical facial features and his heart shaped lips well.

A moment later, Tae finds Jennie in the hallway of the production company office and sidles up to her. "Jennie!"

She does a double-take when she sees who is coming up to her. Since this is the third random audition they just happen to do together, she smiles at the familiar face. She's really hoping to get this part this time, it would be her first leading role.

"Some of us are going out to dinner. Do you want to come?" Tae asks, following her steps down the hallway.

"Right now?" Jennie asks, thinking about how she might have to take an extra bus home.

"Wooshik, Seojun, Yumi are going...oh and Hyunsik, when he's done with his audition."

"Well...I don't think I can."

Tae stops in his tracks, causing her to do the same. "Come on. Are you sure?"

"I have to help my parents at their restaurant early in the morning."

He gestures with his thumb in the opposite direction. "Ya! Hang out for a little bit. Before you hit it big as a worldwide superstar actress."

Tae's boxy smile and compliment makes her flustered. "I don't know...my mom...my dad...my brother..." she says shyly.