Come Be My Teacher Pt.2 (AU)

Readers, in this fluff AU chapter where Tae is a K-pop idol and Jennie is an English tutor, they are still just getting to know each other. You could say it's a slow burn but it'll be 🔥 soon...

It was finally Jennie's turn to tutor her own students. She met them at a nearby library, a one hour session with Wooshik and a one hour session with Areum. She then called her mom to see if she wanted to meet for lunch. While they made plans, Jennie could hear a deep voice in the background ask a question. Then she heard her mom sigh.

"Jennie...Taehyung wants to know if you want to go out for corn dogs."

Jennie giggled. Her heart started racing when she realized Taehyung was wondering if she wanted a corn dog. Like, that meant he was thinking about her.

Yumi continued, "We were learning about names of food and he said he would like to go on a fieldtrip and practice in real life."

"Tell him I would love to," Jennie replied, excitement in her voice. Maybe too much excitement as the people in the library started looking at her. Before she left, she checked her appearance in her compact mirror and reapplied some foundation.

Jennie took the bus to the company building and looked for a place called "Myungrang Hot Dog" where she found Yumi, Taehyung, and his bodyguard, Chan, waiting by the front of the door. Taehyung was fully in disguise wearing a purple hoodie, hood pulled over his head, with a baseball cap, sunglasses, and a face mask.

Inside they ordered their food and sat down to wait. "How are you?" Jennie asked Taehyung, who was sitting across from her and still wearing his disguise.

He yawned. "I am tired. I got a lot of stress."

"Oh? I can imagine. You guys just released an album and you have a world tour scheduled."

"What do you do when you are tired?" he asked her.

"Umm...I take a nap. Or drink some coffee."

"When I cannot sleep, I get mad." He removed his sunglasses and squinted his eyes toward the ceiling, seemingly to concentrate on his words. "Not for people...but for me. I get mad for me."

"At myself," Yumi corrected his English.

Taehyung pursed his lips. "I do not know what I am talking about."

"Hey, you're doing good. At least you're trying." Jennie bent her arms and moved them in a circle in front of her and tried to hype him up. "Go Taehyung, go Taehyung!"

He laughed and copied her moves, big boxy smile on his face. When the food arrived, the four of them took their corn dogs from the tray. Jennie took a bite of the crunchy, breaded meat on a stick and her eyes got big.

"Mmm!" she cried out as she looked around the table. The three of them nodded their heads in agreement as they all enjoyed their food. The rice flour breading, kimchi seasoning, and sugar made it the best corn dog Jennie had ever eaten.

Yumi held out a corn dog near Jennie's mouth. "Do you want to try mine?"

She looked at the hot orange liquid dripping from the stick and nodded. One bite told Jennie it was a bad idea. The heat of the spicy sauce burned her mouth and she started coughing. Yumi put her food down and searched for a napkin. Taehyung, looking concerned, reached across the table and held a bottle of water up to her mouth, gesturing for her to drink. "Okay?" he asked.

Suddenly, someone squealed. A young teenager and an elderly woman appeared at their table. "Taehyung? Ohhh...I love Bangtan! You're my favorite K-pop group. And you're my favorite idol!" the fan exclaimed in Korean.