Come Be My Teacher Pt.10 (AU) 🔥

In August of 2020, BTS released "Dynamite" and it debuted at #1 on the Billboard chart. Tae, Jennie, and some members were gathered in her kitchen enjoying some snacks to celebrate the extraordinary moment. The past week had been full of buzz and excitement over this historical achievement for a K-pop group. Tae was over the moon and Jennie was proud as could be for she knew what this meant for the group. They were back to having a busy schedule, something to see them through this pandemic and help others cope too. And it didn't hurt that this sudden success meant any military enlistment was most certainly postponed.

"Tae, remember your wish on the Lotte Tower bridge?" Jennie asked, as she picked up a cinnamon hotteok from the plate. "Your wish for a #1 single came true! And you guys deserve it. 'Dynamite' is the best pop song of the decade."

"Oh! You went on the sky bridge. Tae told us. He said you were scared," Jin revealed.

Jennie shot Tae a look and jutted out her jaw, ready to correct him. He tried to look innocent, the edges of his mouth turned down. "I was only scared when I almost tripped. There was a plank missing!" she explained. "You should have seen Tae."

Jennie stood up from her chair, all eyes were on her. Then she imitated how Tae had difficulty taking the first step on the metal bridge. "Ah!" she screamed, acting like she was about to move then stopped, then started again. Just like Tae in episode 42 of "Run BTS" where they were doing an obstacle course and he was shaking and screaming before he jumped for the sandbag.

 "Ah!" she screamed again. The apartment filled with high-spirited sounds from everyone, their eyes disappearing as they laughed.

After snack time was over, they decided to keep the party going with karaoke. "Okay, but remember we have a whole day of taping tomorrow for that American talk show," Hobi reminded them.

Jin, Jungkook, Jimin, and Tae took turns singing classic Korean songs while Jennie covered the K-pop songs. Then they moved all the furniture aside, the kitchen table closer to the sink, and the coffee table against the wall, to create a makeshift dance floor. Jennie's request was to learn the dance for "Dynamite" and the BTS members nicely obliged.

Under the watchful eye of Hobi, they danced in formation, Jennie taking Namjoon's part. Hobi was in full dance teacher mode as they repeated the steps over and over. Jennie couldn't take her eyes off Tae. The way he was dancing and singing, really feeling it, was beautiful to watch.

"Tae!" Jennie yelled over the loud music to get her boyfriend's attention. "You looked hot in that green suit in the MV."

He winked and gave her finger guns as he continued dancing. After a few minutes, Hobi wanted to show them an idea he had for a dance break. So he did some Michael Jackson-type moves and included an aerial jump.

"Wua!" everyone exclaimed.

Jennie attempted the jump. Big mistake. She landed awkwardly on her left foot and crumpled to the ground in her living room.

"Aargh!" she screamed. The pain seared through her lower left leg.

"Aigoo..." Tae ran over to her and squatted at her feet. His eyes scanned her leg, his mouth open in disbelief. "Are you okay?"

"I don't think so. I heard something crack," Jennie whined, getting into a sitting position with Tae's help. Everyone in the room looked concerned.

"You should go to the hospital," Hobi suggested.

"I'll take you," Tae said, as he started to pick her up.

"No! You can't be seen with her," Jin reminded him.

"Why don't you call the doorman? He'll take her." Jimin started for the intercom on the wall to communicate with the apartment complex's reception desk.