Private Studio 🔥

"Shh! I think I hear someone," Jungkook said, putting his index finger to his lips.

Jeon Jungkook and Jennie Kim were in his personal studio at the HYBE building working on a surprise song for his band mate Kim Taehyung. Since part of it was in English, that was where Jennie came to help. She sat on his studio's couch and Jungkook was across from her at his computer desk. He looked off to the side, concentrating on any suspicious sounds in the hallway. Jennie perked her head up too but when they didn't hear anything they both relaxed and put their focus back on the computer screen.

Even though they were only working on his song, she still felt a pang of guilt that she had lied to Tae about where she was going that day. But Jennie took comfort in knowing that all would be revealed when Jungkook shared his new song to her boyfriend soon.

With his big doe eyes, Jungkook glanced at Jennie, the screen, then back at her.

"At the end of this line you could sing, 'tonight.' That's always a good filler word," Jennie said, with a half shrug.

Jungkook nodded. His falsetto voice sang the lyrics with perfect pitch and they both seem pleased with the line. "It sounds good so far."

He gave her a bunny smile and it warmed her heart. She enjoyed helping him out especially for this special gift of a song. He said he would share it with ARMY during his birthday V Live but tell Tae it was really for him too.

"What do you think about a choir singing the chorus at the end?" Jennie suggested.

"Oh...I want to sing the last line a capella."

She nodded in agreement. Then Jungkook recorded the song on his computer and when he was done he pressed a button on the keyboard. "Kkeut," he said with a proud smile.

Suddenly the door flew open and Tae burst in. "Ya!" Tae screamed in surprise.

Jungkook and Jennie both gasped as he frantically made his computer screen go black. "Taehyung-ah! What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked, his face in shock.

"You said you were gaming!" Tae then looked at Jennie accusingly, her mouth still hung open. "And you said you were at dance practice!"

Tae's face was contorted in anger but in a funny way so she doubted he was really mad. She put up a hand in defense. "Tae relax. We-"

"I caught you both in your web of lies. My best friend...and my girlfriend..."

Jungkook looked confused and scared. He waved his hands in protest. "Aniyo. Aniyo. Me and Jennie aren't... ah...you think we're...but I only asked her to help-"

"My life is ruined," Tae said, overacting, a look of anguish on his face. Jennie had seen his acting skills in a K-drama and wasn't completely convinced that this reaction was real. "And to think, I went shopping for your birthday present. Well, if you two want to be together..." He looked at Jungkook. "He is the golden maknae."

Jennie stifled a laugh, still not sure what was going on. Jungkook stood up. "This is not gonna be what you think it is...this is never gonna be!"

Finally, she felt she had to say something. "Tae! This is stupid. You know nothing's going on between us." She gave him an "are you crazy?" look. Tae kept up the act.

"She was helping me write a song. Here let me play it for you." Jungkook turned toward the keyboard.

"A song? A love song? I don't want to hear it. I knew there was something going on. All those times you looked at each other discretely. The secret messages. The emails. I'm good...I'm done!" Tae left the studio and slammed the door.