Jennie's Birthday (Idolverse) Part 1 🔥

Here it is, Readers! The last chapters of "Veautiful Days" and the last fan fiction I plan to write. I was hoping to publish it on Jennie's actual birthday but I ran out of time. Hey, at least it's in her birthday month!

Thank you for over 14, 000 reads! Love you all!

(This story requested by @kimvantae9596)

"Hey, I was gonna surprise you. Go back to bed."

Kim Taehyung watches as Jennie Kim pads into the kitchen of the hotel resort's hut they are staying in. She finds him turning from the counter with two plates of sunny side up eggs, fried rice and sweetened pork strips. He holds them in his hands like the balanced scales of Lady Justice and gestures for her to return to the bedroom.

"Aww...you made that for me?" Jennie asks, her morning voice raspy. "Let's just eat it here since I'm already up."

"Whatever the birthday girl wants," Tae says, giving her his boxy smile. He gently places the plates on the bamboo table then holds out a wooden chair for Jennie. "M'Lady..." his voice mimics a medieval servant and his open hand slides down to present her seat.

"M'Lord," she responds in a noble tone, giggling.

After he helps push in her chair, he grabs two glasses from the mini fridge and sets them on the table. "And to complete the typical Filipino breakfast...mango juice."

"Mmm, thank you! I can't think of a better way to wake up." Jennie gobbles up the pork strip first and makes an it's-so-delicious-I'm-angry face. "Mashitda! Gotta love bacon."

"I hate bacon," Tae deadpans as he scoops up some rice with his hands, copying what he saw some locals do the day before.

"I still can't believe that. Come on. Try it." She holds up a greasy strip to his mouth as she chews on one in her own.

He pulls his head back a bit and stares at the meat. "Okay, just to make you happy."

Instead of taking the bacon from her hand, he leans forward and takes a bite from the bacon sticking out of her mouth, pressing her lips with his simultaneously. Jennie yelps in surprise and scrunches her nose from the unexpected kiss.

"Babe, I have a question," Tae starts after washing down his food with some juice. "You just got out of bed. No makeup on. How do you look so perfect? What's your secret?"

Feeling flustered, her hand splayed by her chest, Jennie smiles at his compliment. "My secret is be with the most incredible man in the universe that makes me feel like a princess."

His mouth forms an "o," pretending to be bothered. "No, you cannot turn this into a compliment for me. This is about you."

"Just get a boyfriend who tells you all the things you want to hear," she continues, tilting her head from side to side and smiling.

"Well, I do believe it. That's why I tell you all the time you're incredible." He takes her small hand and holds it in his long fingers, tilting his head down to give her a semi-stern look. "And 'boyfriend'? Rewind."

"Rewind?" she asks, playing innocent.

"See this?" He asks as he points to the sparkling engagement ring on her right hand. "This means you've been upgraded. My girlfriend doesn't exist anymore. You're my fiancée now."

Jennie's heart almost bursts from her rib cage, hearing the new status of their relationship which officially began last night. After Blackpink's concert ended in Hong Kong, she had taken a late night flight to the island of Boracay in the Philippines. Following a trail of red rose petals from the door of their hut to the bedroom, she found Tae by the bed, on one knee, with a small velvet box in his hand. She couldn't be any happier.