Come Be My Teacher Pt.7 (AU)

It was the first English lesson after Tae asked Jennie out and she was freaking out. He texted a 🐻 and the number seven so she knew to expect him at 7 o'clock at night. During the day, she couldn't concentrate on teaching her other students online, making some dumb grammar mistakes and being caught zoning out numerous times. After lunch she absentmindedly put the frying oil in the fridge and the leftovers in the cabinet.

Jennie wanted the night to be perfect. She wondered what to wear. It wasn't a date. Or was it? It wasn't just an English lesson, things were going to be different. She rummaged through her closet and realized she hadn't had a chance to wear any of the cute/sexy dresses she would have worn if the nightclubs were open. Every woman should have a little black dress in her wardrobe so that's what she decided to put on. It was a sleeveless sheath dress that showed off her toned arms and long legs. She even wore a pair of black kitten heels. Her hair went up in a stylish ponytail she had seen a female K-pop idol wear, eyeliner and lipstick went on her face, and vanilla scented perfume went on her neck. She may have overdressed, but things had changed between Tae and Jennie. She wanted to show him that she liked him too.

The first sign that this wasn't your typical tutoring session was the way Tae checked out what she was wearing. His eyes got big and then he gave her a hug. Jennie immediately felt shy and stupid. He was wearing a designer white T-shirt and grey sweatpants. She cringed and covered her face with her hand.

"Wae? You look...amazing," he said, giving her the elevator eyes and biting his lower lip.

"And so do you. You always look amazing." Jennie lowered her hand. "But I'm totally overdressed. I don't know what I was thinking. This isn't a date."

He took her hands in his. His warm touch made her feel a little better. "It's not a real date...yet...but it's more than just an English lesson."

Jennie's heart almost exploded from that revelation. He offered to go back to his dorm and change but she told him that was silly and that she would change. Then he insisted and wouldn't take no for an answer. When he returned, he was wearing a white buttoned shirt and fitted gray trousers that left nothing to the imagination. He looked gorgeous.

The second sign this wasn't a typical English lesson was that Tae suggested they sit on the couch, next to each other, instead of at the kitchen table. Then he held her hand sweetly as they reviewed his homework. The cadence of his speech and his soft hands on hers made her melt. Even the way he wrote in English was endearing.

"I like that you stay here," Tae said in English, keeping with the rule of the tutoring session.

"Me too."

"I did not know if it was good idea to tell you I liked you. Then you say you might leave...so..."

Jennie giggled and brought her eyes up to look at him. "I guess it's good that I was in trouble. Fear is a good motivator."

"But you almost leave because of fear."

"Oh, Tae. If I knew you liked me, I, for sure, wouldn't have left. But it was a lot more risky for me to reveal my true feelings to you than...well, for you to reveal your feelings to me."

"Mmm. You know you asked about the contract?" he asked, making circles on her hand with his thumb. The pleasing sensation almost made her forget to answer.

"Mmm-hmm." Jennie kept her head close to his, leaning against his shoulder. From that view, she could almost see his chiseled chest down his open neckline and it made her thirsty. But she could wait.

"The answer is yes. Sign another contract."

"Understood."

"Are you sure you are okay with this?"