Come Be My Teacher Pt.1 (AU)

Readers, these next chapters take place in an alternate universe where Tae is a member of BTS and Jennie is an English tutor. This first part is them just meeting and getting to know each other. This fluff chapter is the first of a series (but it gets spicier!). Hope you enjoy!

As Jennie walked off the plane at Incheon Airport, in December 2019, after a long flight from Auckland, New Zealand, she was ready for the next chapter of her life to begin.

Jennie's mom, Yumi, met her at baggage claim. It had been years since the two of them had been in their native country of South Korea together. Yumi, who had already returned to Seoul ahead of her one year ago, greeted her only child.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jennie!" Yumi gave her daughter a big hug as she wrapped her arms around her petite frame.

Jennie replied in her native tongue of Korean, "Annyeonghaseyo, eomma! It's been so long."

They had kept in touch over video chats the last year, but this was the first time in a while of seeing each other in person. "Why so long?" Yumi asked.

Jennie gave her a quizzical look as she scanned the luggage carousel for her suitcase. "I told you I wanted to stay in Auckland one more semester and finish college."

"No, I mean..." Yumi tugged on a few of Jennie's black strands of hair falling down her back. "Why is your hair so long? You should cut it." Jennie rolled her eyes as her mom gave her the elevator eyes. "Have you lost weight?"

Jennie glanced down at her fitted top and skinny jeans and touched her mom's arm enthusiastically. "I finally shed the 'Freshman Fifteen.'"

The mom nodded approvingly as only an elderly Asian woman can without seeming too blunt. When they spotted Jennie's two suitcases they both took one and rolled them down the airport lobby toward the doors.

In the taxi, on the way to their apartment, Jennie looked out the window in awe at the soaring skyscrapers of downtown Seoul. It was so different from the countryside scenery in New Zealand and reminded her she was "home" home. After living abroad with her mom to get an English education she was back in Seoul and ready to follow in her mother's footsteps of starting a career as an English tutor. When she recognized a face of a young Korean man on an advertisement billboard, she pointed it out to her mom.

"Is that the BTS guy you tutor?" Jennie asked.

Yumi shook her head. "I'm not allowed to tell you. I signed a non-disclosure agreement. You'll find out soon."

After the holidays were over, Jennie finally got to tag along with her mom to work. She was excited because, not only was she going to practice what she would be doing with her own students in a couple of weeks, which she was already nervous about, but Jennie was also going to find out which member of BTS her mom tutored. When Jennie had watched their videos, there was one member who she noticed right away. He looked like a cinnamon roll, but could kill, with his stage presence. He had looks that could kill, but was a cinnamon roll, based on their content videos. She couldn't help going down the rabbit hole and becoming a fan.

When Jennie and her mom entered the HYBE building that day in January of 2020, they checked in at the receptionist desk where the lady gave Jennie a visitor badge and an NDA to sign. Then Yumi lead her to a small conference room. She placed English books and workbooks on the table and was about to explain how to use them, but Jennie interrupted her.

"Wait...this coffee I had this morning is going right through me. Where's the bathroom?"

She pointed to the hallway so Jennie left in that direction. When she was done, she turned left from the bathroom and stopped when she heard an enchanting voice. Looking around, Jennie noticed it was coming from a room labeled "Snack Room." She followed the angelic sounding voice and peered inside the room. A young Korean man, with his back to her, was making hot chocolate and singing "Fix You" by Coldplay.