Veautiful Wedding 🔥

"Hey, I have a surprise for you." Kim Taehyung reached into his pocket as his fiancée, Jennie Kim, watched his moves. In front of her face, Tae dangled a small metal rectangle displaying the word "Tokyo" in colorful letters.

"Uh, thanks. Souvenir from your trip?" Jennie asked, as their black Hyundai Palisade drove away from Incheon Airport. Tae dropped what he was holding in his palm to reveal the key attached to the "Tokyo" key chain.

"A key? To what?" she asked, now facing him completely as they sat next to each other in the back of the car.

"I bought us that place in Gangnam you always wanted."

Jennie gasped. She took the key gently from his hand. "The one with the floor to ceiling windows and panoramic views?" 

Tae nodded. Jennie's eyes filled with delight and asked, "Three or four bedrooms?"

"Four. I'm hoping we'll need more bedrooms...you know, in the future...for a certain little person," he said with a wink.

"Yes! I'll tell my mother to move in right away," she deadpanned.

They shared a laugh. Tae inched toward her and held her hand, already feeling closer to her as their wedding date was fast approaching.

***

The day of the wedding, Jennie's mind was racing. They had agreed to keep the tradition of not having the groom see the bride before the ceremony so he had stayed the night at Jungkook's place. She used their penthouse apartment to get ready and had invited her sisters from Blackpink to stay with her. They all helped her make sure every wedding detail was ironed out before they called Tae's manager for a ride to the HYBE building. As Jennie approached the large headquarters, it started to feel unreal. Oh my gosh! I'm marrying the Kim Taehyung!

An hour later, Jennie was ready. Her hair was up in a bun with curled ringlets hanging down, her makeup was flawless thanks to the company's stylists, and her white empire waist vintage dress was perfect. The wedding march played as she walked down the aisle. HYBE had set up the top floor of the company building, designed for events like this, for the ceremony. Chairs were placed on the large, wide steps surrounding the sunken-in center of the room. She passed by the guests, some sitting on the main floor too. Oh my gosh! There's Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa! And there's Bangtan!

As she tried to control her emotions, she craned her neck toward the front not seeing Tae completely until everyone sat down. There he was standing next to the minister. In his true unconventional fashion, Tae had surprised her by wearing the dark-toned riding outfit from his "Veautiful Days Photo Folio" book. He looked strikingly handsome in his suit, complete with riding boots, and his hair back to its natural black color. Tae and Jennie's eyes met, looking at each other longingly, as they shared a smile.

When Tae was first shown a finished copy of the photo book, his concept as a 19th-century British gentleman that appeared straight out of a romance, he knew right away that was what he wanted to wear for Jennie on their wedding day. He was playing out her fantasy, dreaming of romance. And now there he was in front of her as she reached the front of the room and joined him on the stage, Jennie in her vintage wedding dress and him in his Mr. Darcy-like romantic and classic suit. They faced each other, mouths agape, realizing they had surprised each other with wedding attire coincidentally inspired by a Jane Austen novel. Then he held out his hand, fingers curled, thumb extended toward her, and she completed his hand heart.

As the minister spoke to start the ceremony, Tae and Jennie looked at each other with languid and dreamy gazes. It felt like they were in a different reality. For Jennie it was a bit overwhelming and she kept wondering if everything was going to go as planned, not completely listening to the minister's words. It felt surreal. The bride and groom looked like they were acting in a movie, wearing the vintage outfits. She tried to stay grounded by taking deep breaths and reminding herself to be in the moment. She was in awe of everything and everyone around her. The combination of excitement and nerves made her feel like she was about to toss her cookies.