Chapter 45

Malarie's POV

"Will this be all the books you'll be checking out today?" The school librarian, Mrs. Dobbs asked me.

"Yes this will be it, thank you." I gave her a polite smile.

For the next hour and thirty minutes, I have a free period. So I decided to waste some time doing my makeup work, and reading about my pregnancy. I will be officially seven weeks tomorrow. If you calculate that up, that's about two weeks since I've last talk to Jason.

I mean physically talked. He has left me numerous of messages and calls, just like how I did. I wasn't going to be immature and not answer him... like he had did to me. The first night he sent me a voicemail, I had already went to bed. He assumed I was ignoring him. I wasn't. I just turned my phone off, so nothing could interrupt my sleeping.

"Hmm 'Expecting Mother's'? Are you pregnant dear?" Mrs. Dobbs, asked above a whisperer. "Yes... yes I am." I plastered on a weak smile. Not really knowing how she will react.

"That's just lovely, congratulations to you honey. Are you taking care of yourself?" I nodded, grinning. "Thank you. I am, I just eat so much lately."

"Well that's all a part of the pregnancy process honey." She smiled at me widely. "Yes it is. I'm so greedy at times. But I know I have to feed the baby." She nodded in agreement with me.

"So about how far along are you miss thing?" She asked, pushing a piece of grey hair out of her face. "Well every Tuesday I turn another week, so I'm seven weeks." I replied, leaning against the front desk.

"Wow. That's like two months, almost three." She stated excitedly. "Is the baby's father involved?" Dang she's nosey. Old people nowadays.

"Yes he is very much involved, and excited." I lie through my teeth. "Mrs. Dobbs I have to get my work, so if you don't mind me." I motioned behind me. Trying to bypass the details of my unborn child's father. She nodded, waving bye.

:::

As I work on my last piece of English homework, my phone vibrates. Not looking up from my work, I finish my last question. Wanting to be done already. After I successfully finish, I grab my phone, flipping it over to see the screen. It was a text messages from Jason. I wonder what he wants. Unlocking my phone, I read his text.

Jason: Good morning babe, I hope you have a good day. Don't stress out too much.

Don't worry I will. He knows I'm keeping the baby. I was nice enough to inform him. He still sounded as if he didn't care, so I don't know what he's feeling.

Jason: And just stay positive :)

I can see right through that smile. He's hurting as much as I am. I hate when he runs away. We had plans to hang out on Valentine's Day. Now it's three days until the fourteenth, and we're nowhere near fine.

Jason: How's everyone? How's the baby?? Are you staying healthy?

Jason: You didn't send me the picture of the other ultrasound...

Jason: Are you getting my text??

He's getting anxious.

Jason: Malarie?

Jason: Hello??? Babe?

Jason: Can you like text me back please?

Yep, and he's getting impatient now.

Chuckling to myself, I decided to text him. He gets super impatient if he's waiting on something. It's funny how he has 'patience' tattooed on him. Yet he has very little of it. Maybe it's a good thing he walked out on the baby. Having a baby, equals patience.