Four

The mysterious man left at around nine o' clock in the day, not making a sound. I only heard him leave from the bell, thinking I'd be able to hear him stepping out.

But no, he was silent.

Like a ghost.

I guess that's why he was called that; his stealth skills.

Otherwise, the rest of the day went by like a blur. Regulars, tourists and newcomers all arrived, being greeted by my smiling face. It was all a routine at this point but it wasn't as bad as you may think.

I get to see many happy faces of old and young, many new and familiar faces as well. Seeing children sit and enjoy a moment with their parents is a pleasant thing to witness while working, which makes the job all so great.

At about three in the afternoon, however, I see a familiar body return.

The Ghost had returned, in the same outfit and having nothing changed about him. He did as he routinely did and walked up, towering over me. I look up at him and smile.

"Hello! Fancied another drink today?" I say playfully, chuckling slightly.

He just nods, still looking at me. He waits for me to speak, but he's meant to order. He really is a strange man.

"Tea again?" I inquire, breaking the awkward silence.

He just nods and gets his card out ready. I enter the price on the card machine to which I hear the beep affirming his payment and get to making his tea. "Drink in again?" I ask.

"Sure." he replies bluntly. His cold demeanor intimidates me making me furrow my eyebrows again. Not only does he have no emotion in his eyes but neither his voice. Maybe he was military coded after all. My mind goes on autopilot thinking about him and theorising who he could be - a secret spy for the CIA, a brutal killing machine or just some regular, depressed dude - as I make his tea.

I finish up and turn around with his tea in hand to find him standing there still.

"You can sit down if you please, you know? I don't have to tell you." I say, raising my eyebrow slightly as I walk over to him with his tea in hand, once again looking up at him.

He looks down at me then nods, heading to the same, unoccupied armchair he had before and taking a seat, stretching his legs once more. The man had little to say, for sure.

I place his tea down infront of him and smile. "Need anything else?" I ask before planning to head back to the counter.

He just shakes his head no and looks up at me. I smile and walk back, again feeling his stare as I walk away. I wonder if he did have any emotion or if he didn't know it was rude to stare so much. But I brushed it off, as I usually did for most things.

I never saw him sip or drink his tea, even looking at him for a while. His eyes were either on his tea, on me or on something, probably zoning out.

However, the mug progressively got more empty as any mug would.

As I see the mug finally finished, I'm bringing a drink to another customer. Afterwards, I walk over to him.

"Do you want me to get this out of your way for you?"

"Sure." he replies in the same monotone voice.

I pout slightly and take his empty mug walking back to the sink to wash the mug up. I'm barely at my counter before I hear the bell ding once more, turning around and seeing him already gone. I sigh, knowing I'll be thinking about what his deal is for a while.