Thirteen

I lose my words - the cat easily had my tongue and played with it like a yarn ball - as I stared back up at him for what seemed like an eternity.

His eyes had...character in them. Not the plain stare he had before, but a stare of...curiosity. He was intruiged, he wanted me to continue. But I couldn't, I wouldn't. I could not speak.

I swallow a lump in my throat and slowly look at my friend, wanting so hard to just ignore him.

But I couldn't.

His body radiated heat onto my shoulders, adding as much emotional pressure as he did before. My cheeks glowed a crimson red and I just looked at Riley, who's eyes were hungrily taking in the man behind me. 

I watch their gaze follow him leaving, not even hearing his footsteps myself, and I see him through the front shop window looking at me. Only at me, with a form of slyness, sadness and lust. It sent me into a spiral, did I make him upset? Did I do something wrong? Am I waking up in his bed again? What's happening?

Riley clicks in front of my face. "Y/n, hey! Girl, watchu doin'?"

I snap back into it, almost sweating with my cheeks flared and my movements sudden, my eyes darting back to Riley almost instantly.

"God, it's so...confusing. Did I hurt him?" I reply, sighing and feeling my shoulders drop, a pout forming on my pink lips.

"I'd let him hurt me...in so many ways."

I burst out laughing at the randomness of the comment. "Fucking hell, Riley. Calm down."

"It's so true. Would you not?"

I hum in curiosity, to pretend I'm thinking. But I wouldn't need to think about it.

Of course I would. Anyone who wouldn't is insane.

Especially after I had seen his bare chest and his soft side, I would melt like butter on him.

"Maybe, if he took me to dinner first." I laugh softly.

Riley perks up and raises their eyebrows, a sly smile forming on their face. "You know, I can get that arranged..."

"Hm?"

"I can just go grab his phone number? I wouldn't promise that I wouldn't send anything to the man but if you want him, I can set you up. I know how awfully dreadful your love life is, maybe this is your golden ticket?"

I shrug, looking at the ground. "Dunno. I can just talk to him if I wanted, he's only across the hall."

"Hold on- what?!" Riley grabs my shoulders and playfully - yet violently - shakes me in shock.

"I didn't tell you? He moved into the apartment across from me."

"HOLY. FUCK."

I laugh at their reaction, gripping my leg. "Yeah, sorry I forgot to say."

"Well, want to have a sleepover and coincedentally walk into his house with the tiniest shorts on-"

I cut them off, patting their shoulder. "We can sleepover, but let's try not to be so disturbing. How's that?" I smile at them, to which they eagerly nod and stand up, encouraging me to walk with them.

"Right, let's go then." I groan as I stand and follow them out the door.