Twenty Two

My eyes dart between his face to his knuckles to his face again, his eyes are predatory, filled with rage. He takes steps towards me, I shuffle back.

"Ghost..?" I whisper, barely brushing his ears.

"Are you alright?" he asks, his tone somewhat soft and considerate. He relaxes and stands in front of me, from his steps being larger than mine.

I nod. "I was waiting for Adam- I mean, the guy. He never came."

He grunts, I can see him clench his jaw and look off to the side. "He seemed like a bad person, I didn't trust him."

I glance once more at his knuckles and my thoughts race. Did he do something? What happened? Why are his knuckles red?

"Let's get home." Ghost says, putting his hand on my back, running his fingers up and down my spine and turning me around, walking by my side with his hand still protectively sitting on the small of my back. I have no choice but to walk along side of him.

The journey home was in a comfortable silence, yet I just felt I had to ask something. Say something. Ask something, state something, do something. It felt strange not to. The alcohol was getting to me a little more as I begin getting more active from the walk. I groan and sigh.

"Why didn't he come out? I could've had a nice night..." I murmur to myself, folding my arms and pouting.

Ghost's fingers creep around my waist and pull me closer, gripping me protectively and softly.

"I knew he was trouble, y/n." he growled back, seeming angry at my statement but not at me. "Fuck sake."

I ignore his last bit but look at the ground and get frustrated, then upset. My shoulders drop and I look up at Ghost.

"Is it because I'm not pretty?" I ask, softly. The hint of upsetness rippled through Ghost's ears and he stopped, crouching down to my height and held both of my hands in his.

"You're gorgeous, y/n. Don't say that." he replies, sternly yet soft. As if he was demanding it, but consoling me as well. Either way, it made me shut up. I nodded and looked into his caring eyes, admiring his irises through my glossy ones.

"Do you wanna stay at mine again?" he then asks, breaking the silence. I pout and turn up my eyebrows like a child and nod slightly, he keeps hold of one of my hands and we walk home, interlocking fingers.

When we arrived at the complex, he unlocked the door and led me up the stairs into his apartment. He walks with me to his bedroom and I sit on his bed, as I did the night before, and look at him. He turns his head toward me and smiles through his mask widely, walking into his bathroom with pajama clothes to change into and prepare for the night.

I lay down on his bed from where I sat and take a deep breath in, smiling from smelling his apartment; covered in his smell. He smelt like gunpowder, whiskey and his gorgeous musk, it drove me insane. If it were a perfume, it'd be a million pound business.