Thirty

We make it to the apartment complex, as I take my eyes off of the ground I see Lola's arm wrapped around Ghost's. I quickly diverted my sight as I wouldn't want to cause any argument for her not so subtle actions.

I don't even know why I'm getting so angry, it's not as if we're dating. He can flirt with whoever he wanted... but it felt hurtful. It felt like we had a bond, but Lola comes and breaks it. As she always did with my boyfriends.

But I couldn't even call Ghost my boyfriend. Because he wasn't. Even if he did almost introduce himself as my boyfriend, it doesn't make him mine. Oh, but I wish he was.

I stand by them as they talk, me still being a dozen or so feet behind them.

"Buh bye Simon! You've got my number now, so we can call anytime alright?" she coos, smiling at him, putting her hand on his upper arm, running her fingers across his sleeve. He nods back and we see an expensive Range Rover stop by us, her getting in and waving goodbye.

I sigh and pinch my nose bridge. "Another jumper gone. I liked that one as well, fuck sake." I mutter under my breath. Ghost looks down at me.

"It's fine. I'll ask her to give it back tomorrow." he suggests softly, knowing I'm frustrated.

I shake my head. "She won't. She never does. I'll just buy a new one, it's okay." I reply, frustration in my tone as I walk to the complex door and unlock it, opening it and pushing the door open for Ghost. I rush up the stairs and grab my keys, unlocking my door and immediately going into my apartment, Ghost getting a door to the face. He knocks a couple times before I reopen it and look up at him, arms folded.

"What's wrong?" he asks, crouching down slightly. His voice is caring, less tough then it usually is.

I look into his eyes and shake my head. "Nothing, I'm alright." He takes my hand and puts it between his, the warmth from his hand rushing through my body.

"You don't have to say anything. Just let me be with you tonight. I know something is wrong." he softly says, a smile forming from his balaclava. His thumb rubs my hand and my shoulders drop of defeat and I nod. I hold the door open as he stands again and walks in, me shutting the door behind him. He sits down on the sofa and pats next to him, me going over and shuffling next to him. I rest my head on the side of his chest as he wraps his arm around me, taking off his balaclava. The embrace making me instantly warm once more compared to the cold of the night, knowing that my Ghost was back.

I sink into him, feeling my eyelids get heavy as he cuddles me closer to him, his hand grazes my waist. Things felt right now, I felt happy. He smelt like home, he is home. I feel myself slowly falling asleep, the silence being the most comforting thing I could ever hear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to the sound of a phone call, with hands around my waist and the feel of a heartbeat against my ear. I groan softly and rub my head on Ghost, itching my ear slightly as he wakes up as well from the noise, grabbing his phone.

He declines the call and puts the phone back on the table before the phone rings again. He taps my lower back and whispers in my ear.

"Sit up a second, love."

I groan softly and roll myself off of him onto the crack between him and the sofa cushions as he sits up and answers the call.

"Yes? ... Hi Lola, what do you need?"

I groan at the name Lola leaving his mouth and sit up slightly, propping myself up with the armrest and looking at him, standing and looking at me whilst listening to Lola on the other end, I can hear her waffling through the phone.

"I can't go to you, no. ... Because it's one in the morning and I want sleep. ... I'll see if I'm free tomorrow then, goodnight. ... Alright, bye now."

I look up at him, sighing and putting the phone back down on the table. "Lola rang. She wanted me to come round." I budged over and he laid back down on the sofa, patting his chest for me to lay back on like a cat. I smiled as my waist had his hands around it again, like magnets.

"She likes to do that with men she meets. Most of the time they say yes." I mutter back, my head buried into Ghost comfortably, my hands wrapped around his head and stroking the back of his hair gently.

He hums in acknowledgement, almost curiosity. "Does she usually have a boyfriend then?" he asks quietly, his fingertips rubbing my back gently.

"Yeah, she used to steal mine back in college. Always has someone to go to, that girl."

He hums again, taking a big breath in. "I've set a timer for six for you, love." he whispers. "That way you don't have to rush off so fast."

I chuckle softly and smile. "Alright, alright. Get some sleep, you." I reply, quietly. He kissed the top of my head and moved one of his hands to caress my upper back.

I feel my eyelids once again getting heavy, and I drift off once more in Ghost's arms.