Twenty One

It's a man with a black, slightly unbuttoned shirt and jeans, a watch on his wrist and tattoos across his arms. And...

Oh no...

A balaclava.

"Ghost?" I say in shock, his eyes glaring down at me - not directly at my eyes though. "What are you doing? Wait...what are you doing here?"

He folds his arms and looks behind him, the handsome man from before wearing a confused look. Ghost looks back at me and raises his eyebrow through his mask. "Why were you going to them?" He gestures back towards the group of men, all now talking and flirting with Riley, but the one man before still has his eyes on me bickering with Ghost.

"Because I can do whatever I want?"

"What, going with him? Why do you want a one night stand for?" he replies, a bitter tone to his voice as I hear him talk angrily through his teeth, his muscles clench slightly revealling multiple veins across his arms to be more prominent.

I sigh softly and pout. "It's good to be a bit free sometimes. Now, can I go?" I look at him with pretty, big eyes and bat my eyelashes, causing him to divert his attention and let his eyes look elsewhere in order to not flare up.

"Fine." he mutters, stepping back. I smile and tilt my head, thanking him and go over to the man, who now has a smile on his face.

I walk over and he budges up on the booth that his group has, all of them distracted by Riley, and sit next to him closely.

"Hey there, darlin'. What was that about then? Is that your dad?" he asks, his voice smooth and deep, very attractive. His arm wraps around the booth, over my shoulders.

I giggle slightly. "No, just my neighbour. He's always looked out for me, nice guy though."

"Ah right. What's your name?" he smiles, tilting his head to show interest.

"Y/n. You?"

"Adam. Pretty name for a pretty girl, I must say."

I blush at his comment and laugh softly to try hide my now shy personality, even being slightly drunk. I play with the ends of my curled hair, twirling and dancing it around my finger.

"Ah thank you very much. You're not too bad yourself." I reply playfully, squinting my eyes and smiling wider, obviously flirting with him.

The song changes to Go Go Dancer by Lana Del Rey, which I perk up and nudge Adam. "Ooh, I love this song! Can we dance?"

He taps me and nods, I shuffle out of the booth and take his hand leading him to the dance floor. His hand feels warm and soft, the opposite of Ghost's.

Wait, why am I thinking of Ghost right now? It's my night, my time to get the spotlight. Maybe with Adam too, I mean he's so hot.

We both dance to the song, but I can feel someone gaze pierce into me. From the back or front, I'm not sure, but my eyes partially scan the room, looking for this secret admirer who I can feel looking at me.

Adam notices this and grabs my chin to make me look at him, then pulls me in.

He whisper shouts in my ear, "Hey, are you alright? You seem a bit distracted."

I nod and reply. "Yeah, I can just feel someone staring at me."

He smiles. "I wouldn't blame them, gorgeous. How about we get out of here?" his hand caresses my waist and rubs it up and down waiting for my reply.

"Sure thing." I smile back and keeping his hand round my waist, leads me to the exit of the building. We stand outside the entrance, I put my denim jacket on properly.

"Ah shit, I forgot my phone. I'll be back, alright?" he says, smiling at me. "I'd need your number anyway."

I laugh at his comment and smirk. "Alright, be fast. Don't leave me waiting, okay?"

He nods and kisses my cheek, making me blush and chuckle before he slips back inside. I lean against the wall of the club and scroll on my phone as I wait.

A few minutes later, I furrow my eyebrows and pout. I text Riley to ask if she can see him anywhere, but I recon they're getting it on with the other guys so I don't send it.

A few minutes turned to a dozen, then almost twenty.

I sigh and wait, angry and frustrated that he just ditched me. My arms folded across my body, now getting cold from the night's air running up my legs from this short dress. I thought I'd at least be out of the cold.

How could he just leave me? What a dick.

"Fuck sake." I mutter before sighing and pulling out my phone to call an Uber; until I remember that it's a twenty minute walk.

I straighten myself up off of the wall and sigh, wiping the back of my dress from the dirt and begin walking slowly to home, upset and frustrated.

I heard the door of the nightclub shut and my attention perked up, my head turns round.

It's not Adam, I sigh.

Instead, it's Ghost... with badly washed, red knuckles.