Twenty Five

Waking up that morning felt like I was waking up in heaven on a soft, warm cloud. A pair of strong yet gentle arms cradled me to his chest and had his lips pressed into my head, breathing calmly and quietly - hell, if he wasn't breathing, it'd be like he was dead by how still he stayed.

I take a deep breath in, nuzzling my head onto his chest some more and I intake his scent, adoring the smell and wishing it would be imprinted on me forever. His husk made my body relax and I put my head closer to his face, a smile imprinted on my lips.

A deep sigh came from above me, followed by a big breath in, a strong rising from his chest. His eyes slowly squint open to see me on his chest, his hands blanketing my waist. He smiles likewise and rubs my back gently with his fingers, still sleepy, and kisses the top of my head. The gentle grazes of his fingertips that had shed blood was astonishing, how he could be deadly and so, so kind. And to me, spesifically.

I hum in approval of his movements, a grin creeping across my face followed by a soft laugh, him bringing me closer to his warm embrace and kissing my head once more.

"Mornin'," he whispers, his voice deep and gravelly with the added tone of sleepiness. "how was your sleep darlin'?"

"Mmm..." I reply and chuckle softly again, taking in his words with both hands, them repeating like a broken record. His voice did things to me. "It was alright I guess...you're not that comfy." I continue playfully, poking his side softly.

He chuckles, his chest vibrates which makes me smile. "Oh? Alright then. You want me to chuck ya off?"

"Nah..." I whisper softly, wrapping my arms around his torso and burying half of my face into him.

He takes one hand off my back and strokes the back of my head gently, playing with my (h/c) hair, twirling it gently around his finger.

"By the way, you might have make up on your shirt. I think I forgot to wash it off last night." I whisper, laughing. "My face is imprinted on your shirt now."

He laughs alongside of me. "Even better, shows everyone where you sleep best."

I blush and melt into him at his comment, knowing that he was right.

It's a comfortable silence for what seemed like an eternity; of peace and of comfort.

Until, he spoke up. "Cor, could really use a tea right now." he murmurs, almost talking to himself. He then tenses up slightly and sits up, me falling off of him.

"Hey! I was falling aslee-" I try to protest, but he cuts me off.

"What's the time?"

"It's uhh-" I scramble around for my phone. Once I grab it, I see the screen.

10:38

Notification
Riley  06:49

girl wya ur literally here early usually...

Notification
Riley  06:49

ffs im doing this shift alone go burn in a hole

I gasp at my phone screen, realising I had to go to work today. "Awh fuck..." I mutter, scrambling so intensely off of the bed that I fall on the floor and yelp in pain after hitting my back. Ghost quickly leaps out of bed and rushes to my side, kneeling down and putting his hand under my head.

"You alright, love?" he asks in a soft, caring tone. His eyes looked compassionate as he picked me up in a bridal form and put me back on the bed standing opposite me. "I'll call and say you're sick if you want. I'm sorry, it's my fault. I should've remembered sooner I-"

He rambles on, slowly getting quicker and more worried and frustrated with himself. I stand up and press a finger on his lips and shake my head, him stopping and looking down at me with eyes of built up tension and sadness, his balaclava was rolled up so I could see his lips which he was biting and trying not to tremble.

To see him like this pulled at my heart; to know he was a strong, tough, demeanored military soldier who was born to kill become all soft and upset opened up a new way that I saw him. That he got guilty if he messed up, that he gets upset if he does something wrong. For him to show this side to me just caused me to smile softly at him, my eyes gazing up at his glossy ones. I cup his cheek and rub it with my thumb, having to tiptoe to do so. He bent down slightly to make it easier for me and placed his hand on mine to keep it there which sent ripples of serotonin through my body, making me smile more.

"It's fine, don't get upset. I'll call in sick." I explain softly, dearly. Not wanting to frighten him or make him any more upset. He's vunerable right now, which made me feel like a mother to him, to care for him. To ensure he is happy and he is safe was an honour for me to do. It felt like a role that I had now been entitled to, that I had to serve until the day that I die.

I didn't mind that at all.

He nods and takes a deep breath, a smile forming on his lips. He leans in and kisses me, which I return happily, holding it for a while before letting go. He taps my hand on his cheek and lets go.

"I'll get that tea, I'll get you one too." he says with a smile, walking to his wardrobe to get the outfit for the day. He pulls down his balaclava and gets changed, me spinning around respectively to not look weird and I hear the door click before a buzz on my phone.

Simon/Ghost  10:51

What do you have with your tea? X

I smile seeing the kiss and chuckle slightly, typing to reply.

Me  10:51

one sugar pls x

Simon/Ghost  10:51

Alright x

I grab the purse I had on yesterday and find my keys, leaving Ghost's apartment, and his door slightly open, to grab some clothes from my place, simply grabbing a tube top and some sweatpants, and going back inside Ghost's to change my outfit.

As I slipped out of his shirt that I wore the night prior, I feel a cold breeze rush against me, looking down to see myself without a bra. Fuck, I forgot to put one on when I went to the club.

Wait...if I don't remember changing, does that mean he had to? And that means he...no. He didn't...

He probably did.

I sigh, brushing it off - he'd end up seeing them one day or another at this rate - and change into the tube top and sweatpants, folding his shirt up nicely and putting it on his bed. I also fold my dress up and put it near the sofa, along with my heels and jacket that I wore last night as well. I put my hair into a messy, low ponytail and take out two strands to have dangling at the front to give me some depth.

All of my jewellery remains on me which I don't mind, but by the time I had finished putting everything nicely away, I heard the front door open. I turn my head back to see Ghost with two takeaway cups of tea in either hand(I'm not too sure how he opened the door either).

"Hey, welcome back." I exclaim, turning my body fully to face him and smile, seeing him walk over and put the teas on his coffee table and sit down on the sofa. He patted the seat next to him to which I obediently sat, him looking down at me.

"Found time to change and tidy up everything, hm?" he inquires, slightly teasingly but also curious. I nod in response to which he perks his head up and grins. "Thank you."

He gestures me to my tea, I take a long sip and exclaim an 'aah' afterwards, leaning back onto the cushions of the sofa and relaxing.

"Was a shame I didn't see ya face taking my order." he prompts, a smile traced through his words. "Your mate smirked at me, I think they know how ya like ya tea, figured what happened out."

I chuckle softly, knowing that Riley would definetely forgive me now that they knew I at least got a good time from last night.

"Eh, oh well." I say, leaning into him and smiling. Life couldn't get any better than this.