Nineteen

We held our breaths, almost for dear life at expense to the knock. We didn't move, didn't react, not even a bead of sweat dare roll down our faces.

"Y/n, I know you're in there. Wake up!" a voice calls out, slightly annoyed.

I swallow and breathe softly, slowly climbing off of Ghost, our fingertips leaving eachother, us both knowing that we don't want it to end. For this to end.

My feet gently hit the floor before another knock ripples across the room, me replying.

"Alright, hold on!" I shout, clearing my throat halfway through. My body shakes as I get my slippers back on, grabbing my phone and walking over to the door. I turn back at Ghost, who has weak eyes desperate for me just to come back. But, I pout and shake my head, his eyes widen and his shoulders drop slightly which pulls gently at my heartstrings.

I turn my head back towards the door and open it, swiftly closing it behind me not to show what even happened.

"Hey..!" I greet awkwardly, a shy smile on my face to see Riley's slightly annoyed, slightly intruiged face.

"What took you so long?"

"I- uh- went back to sleep."

"Pfft," they scoff, smiling and furrowing their eyebrows sarcastically. "as if!"

"No, no. We did." I reply, biting my tongue afterwards. I still feel Ghost's lips against mine, the aftermath leaving my senses tingling and alert, desiring more.

Riley shrugs and walks back into my apartment, I follow suit and close the door behind me. They get us cereal out and we sit at the sofa, watching a television series whilst eating.

"So, was it big?" they ask, out of the blue.

I spit my milk out and flare up in embarrassment and shock at their statement, turning slowly to look at them with a confused, red face.

I knew it was big.

"I didn't see it!" I say, a bit too quickly to be deemed as a safe answer.

Riley raises their eyebrow and smirks their lips, tilting their head slightly. "Oh really?"

I nod. "Mhm," I reply, eating another spoonful of cereal. "why would I?"

A soft chuckle comes from them, still suspecting me.

"Look, I went to his because you snore loud and I just happened to get an invite over, alright? Is that good enough?" I explain, defeated. I look at them with desperation, not wanting to bicker any longer about something so stupid and embarrassing, neither wanting to lie any longer.

They finally nod. "Fine, I'll believe you for now."

I sigh, smiling slightly and continue to eat my cereal, watching the television.

But the television was just background noise from my mind replaying what happened not even an hour before, the one thing I wanted more than anything else in the world. His hands being so gentle with me, despite the rough things they'd done. His lips as sweet as candy and his subtle moans against my lips as I explored with my fingers across him. It sent shockwaves across my body, allowed my hairs to stand on end. It made me crazy, I was hungry for this man.

Malnourished.

To relive that moment would be something I would wish upon a star, to be every three wishes to a genie's lamp, to throw a penny in a fountain and get on my knees to pray to just feel Ghost again. To have his embrace, to make him mine.

Wait...what am I thinking? We haven't even known each other a week. Fuck sake, there's no way he'd actually be thinking the same as me. Y/n, snap yourself together. Come on y/n!

"Y/n? Y/n?? Hello?"

I shake my head softly, letting my daydream evaporate into thin air as I hear Riley's voice, turning towards them.

"Hm?" I ask, feeling upset they distracted my daydream yet glad to not to upset myself at what could've been.

"I asked if you wanted to go to the club tonight?"

My eyes and smile perk up at the sound of the idea. I nod eagerly.

The club; where you go for one night stands and a good time, surrounded by people within the same mood as you. Too drunk or too unbothered by how you act, so it's alright to be who you want. Where you can get a drink and get hammered within three. As much as I may dislike socialising occasionally, the club is the best place to be on a night where I need to just let it all go.

"Great, I'll pick you up then. I'll head off now." they reply to my nod, smiling and standing up and packing their bag up.

I watch them over the sofa leave my apartment, the door clicking behind me. I sigh and lay down fully on my sofa, checking my phone notifications on social media.

A notification appeared on my screen.

Simon/Ghost  09:34

Your friend is gone now..?