Seventeen

I swallow at his comment, my eyes growing wider and a smile creeping up my face not only in nervousness but in embarrassment. Nobody had ever called me pretty, well except my mother.

Nobody else, though.

"Thank you..." I whisper, unsure how to respond. He moves his hand from my chin to the side of my face, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

He then moves away, letting go, walking back to his door. My eyes follow him, lips still parted and the warm digits that were just on my skin left tingling sensations bringing my cheeks to blossom a rosy red.

He looks behind him once more, his eyes narrowing to suggest a smile.

"You sure you don't want to come in?"

I stand there, looking at him. I don't know what to say. Riley is in there snoring their head off, but that isn't in my mind when I bored into him.

"I.." I stammer, trying to form a responce, any responce.

Come on, tell him yes. Tell him everything you want to happen, tell him how he makes you feel. Tell him how he made my mind run in laps from his gesture earlier. Tell him fucking everything you want, y/n. Come on.

"I don't know..."

He takes it as a soft, unsure no. He shrugs softly and goes into his apartment, closing the door behind him with a soft click.

My heart and stomach dropped, my shoulders weighing ten tonnes and my smile slowly fading away as a frown is pulled on my face. I long for his touch, for his words, for his presence. And I threw it all away within three words.

A soft groan from me leaves my disappointed, lonely lips as I lean off the doorframe and turn around. However, what I least expected was to feel a wall behind me, warm and close. A chin rested on top of my head and a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, squeezing tighter. A voice filled my ears which sent my heart over the moon.

"C'mon, hun. I'll keep you safe tonight."

A soft whisper, gravelly and deep. The type to put me to my knees in seconds. I'm surprised I wasn't on my knees as he grips tighter, letting a soft sigh come from me.

A hum of tiredness and approval signalled that I wanted to go with him, and he grabbed my waist, turning me around and picking me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms along his shoulders and neck, leaning my head on his shoulder to the side and embracing the warmth and care he had. I grab my phone and text Riley to tell them where I am and let myself go limp within his grasp as he held my rear up with one, strong arm and shut my door quietly with the other. He walked over to his apartment and shut the door behind him, using his now free hand to rub my back as I melted into him.

He sits on the bed and takes me off of him, sitting me next to him.

"Just a second, love." he whispers as he stands up and takes his shirt off, going to his wardrobe and neatly folding it, putting it in the laundry basket near. He then grabs some plaid pajama pants and turns around, seeing my eyes gaze at him, watching everything he does.

"Hey, what are you lookin' at?" he says playfully. I snap out of my daydream and my cheeks glow as I turn my head away.

"Shit, sorry-"

"It's fine. Don't get worked up, okay?" he replies softly. I heard the smile in his voice, finding my reaction humourous which only sent butterflies fluttering through my stomach and around my heart. A happy sigh came from my nose as I smiled, him walking back over in the plaid pants. They hung lowly around his waist, so much so that if I tugged on them, they'd probably fall down.

He must've noticed me staring because he clicked to divert my attention. I gaze up at him with big, innocent and tired eyes and smile, tilting my head slightly. I'm sat with my arms propping me up at the sides and my legs close together.

"Alright, c'mere you." he says, sitting next to me and grabbing my waist suddenly.

I yelp in shock as he turns me over fast, almost like we're sparring, and turns us on our side laying down on his bed, his arms wrapped around my waist and pulling me into him, making me the little spoon. We fit snuggly, almost as if we were made for each other.

I groan softly at his grip tightening, his thumb rubbing my upper stomach as I melt into him more. His masked face is nuzzled in the crook of my neck, his breath softly breezing down my back which sends tingles all over my body. His rough hands pressed against my oversized shirt feel like I have nothing on, and it's bliss to think of that.

My eyes flutter, from the comfort and the embrace he has me in, and I drift off into a peaceful sleep.