Nine

A good hour or so later, we sit in the booth both laughing our asses off.

We're both completely shitface drunk.

I hiccup and continue on with the joke I was telling him

"Alright, alright. Mate, why don't blind guys skydive?"

He looked at me and replied "Why?"

"Because their dogs don't like it!"

We both erupt laughing, even when it wasn't that funny.

After our laughter dies down, I just look at him for a little and sip my drink.

His bottom half of his balaclava is still rolled up and I can see his drunken lips form a smile which makes my cheeks flare. His lips look so... kissable.

He must notice me staring and leans over, putting his fingers under my chin.

"Hey, eyes up here." he says, chuckling.

"Okay, alright. Don't get too cocky, sir!"

"I'm not just staring at your lips am I?"

"No, I've caught you doing it before though." I reply, hiccuping and giggling. The rosyness in my cheeks flourishes.

"When? I've never looked at your lips, only your eyes." he lets go of my chin and leans back, folding his arms over his chest. Then, he proceeds to look at my lips, then my nose, then my eyes. He seemed to be studying my face with a lot of detail.

He looked at how my lips curved as I smile and the redness of my cheeks as we spoke, the way my hair fell behind my back or infront of my face and the way I brushed it behind my ear. The way my eyes scanned him and drunkenly looked at places it shouldn't be looking.

Unless I wanted trouble, of course.

"You're doing it right now!" I exclaim, getting him out of his trance. His eyes meet mine and I just laugh.

"What's the time? I wanna go home." I ask, slurring my words slightly as I take another sip. The alcohol is hitting hard.

"'Bout ten. Let's get you home then, yeah?" Ghost replies, signalling for the bill.

I stand up and hold onto the table, feeling my legs shaking. I laugh as I try to make my way out of the booth without tripping over my own feet. He pays and leaves a tip then stands up.

"You need any help there, (Y/N)?"

"No! I got it, I promise!" I slur my words and laugh, knowing I do need help, I just want to look cool.

"Oh c'mere." he wraps his arm over my shoulder and guides me to walk, him not being shitfaced enough to stumble around but enough to be on autopilot.

I get nervous at his gesture and slowly wrap my arm around his torso for extra support, still slightly giggling only having a ruddy face.

The walk home was long. Partially because I couldn't keep my time right and partially because I had no fucking idea how to walk anymore.

Ghost held my hand and kept me close the whole way, his warm embrace making the hairs on the back of my neck jolt up. His cologne smelt of smoke, beer and gunpowder which made me want to bury my face into him.

We make it to the lobby door and I groan. "I don't wanna go home!"

"Why not?" he asks softly, throughout the night his tone changed and he became a lot more relaxed. I don't know if it's the alcohol or him softening up, but it was a relief of a change.

"Because you're fun and I don't wanna sit alone another night." I quietly admit, looking up at him with turned up eyebrows and a pouty lip.

He sighs and chuckles. "Fine, you can stay at mine then."

My eyes light up and I smile. It might be the alcohol getting to us both but I'm excited for the sleep I'm about to have.

"Really?"

"Sure." he says, opening the door and walking to his door with me by his side.

He unlocks it and we walk in, him walking me to his bed and setting me down.

"Stay there, I'm going to go change into something comfier."

"Hey! What about me?" I whine, furrowing my eyebrows.

He looks back and sees me acting bratty and fussy, then he takes off his shirt and throws it at me.

"There."

I look down at the warm shirt and blush hard, my whole face being covered with a shade of red.

"I-I" I stammer, looking at the shirt then at him. "Thank you..."

I turn around, knowing his back is toward me, and quickly slip into the shirt, it going down to half of my thighs. I look down at myself, how silly I look. But, it's something to sleep in.

The realisation now hits that I'm going to share a bed with my neighbour in his shirt and I flare up even more, sitting back down quietly.

"You alright?" he says, making me jump.

"Fucking hell, you're so quiet! How in the world..." I reply, slightly nervous and shy.

He looks down at me in his shirt then meets my eyes once more.

"Let's just get some rest, yeah?" Ghost says softly, like a father figure.

I nod and lay on his bed. He has a double bed which barely fits into the small bedroom, whilst I'm used to my single. I sigh as I lay down, feeling the vast amount of space I now have. He then lays down and I feel like I'm in a single from how much space he takes up.

I get tucked under the duvet and roll on my side, my back facing him, and shuffling around to get comfortable.

He lays on his back, mask still on but in grey sweatpants and a loose black shirt. As he lays down, his muscles are defined through the shirt which I saw from a quick glance back.

I sigh deeply as I begin to get comfortable.

As I fade off into my slumber, I could promise I felt something wrap around me, but I brush it off.