Fourty One | Sequel Chapter

I sit down on the sofa and lean back, exhaling in sync with the cushions as I relax. A sigh leaves my lips, only forming a soft smile when I hear the stairs of my house creak; Simon peeking his head round the corner of the living room.

He smiles and walks in, sitting down next to me and wrapping his arm across my shoulders, placing a kiss on my head.

"You look beautiful today darling." he says, brushing the hair from my eyes and kissing my lips softly. I grin and chuckle softly, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you, I can never get enough of your face y'know?"

His lips curl into a defeated yet warm smile. "You say that every time you see me."

"It's true!" I say, only to be met with another kiss as he holds me in his arms. His hands travel from my back down to my stomach and gently caresses it with his thumb, letting his eyes trail down.

"How's she doing?" Simon whispers, only for me to sigh and nod with a smile.

"She's fine, not hurting a lot. She's kicking quite a bit though."

A laugh arose from him. "No cravings at all, my love?"

I shake my head no and he kisses me once more, admiring my face as I am with him - as much as I see him without his mask, it still feels like he had just taken it off the night before.

The sound of feet pitter-pattering across the floor come rushing to the door as our toddler comes through, flying his plane toy through the air and blowing raspberries to resemble the engine.

Simon stands and rushes to him, picking him up and whooshing him around, carrying him like an airplane and letting him fly, letting me burst into laughter.

"Simon be careful, if you're throwing him in the air again I swear-" I proceed to say and leaning forward, only to see him doing so through the doorframe. I relax my shoulders defeatedly and shake my head with a large grin, leaning back down onto the backrest and focusing my attention to the kicking coming from my stomach.

A baby girl. We're not sure on a name yet, but we like the name Hayley. Our firstborn son is named Johnny; a burst of energy just like his father. Hell, even he picked out the name for him in honour of his best friend who came to the birth and visits whenever he can.

We now live in the same town, just in a house instead of apartments. Simon soon retired from the army once he found out I was pregnant with our baby boy and our wedding anniversary is in a week or two, with us being married five years now.

Simon comes rushing back in and places Johnny down, coming to sit next to me once more. My head turns to his and then to our son, me looking at his blonde hair and eyelashes and his hazel brown eyes; a carbon copy of his dad. My cheeks crease from a smile as he puts his hand on my stomach.

"She kicked! I felt it, she moved!" Johnny then says with excitement, only leading me to look at Simon with a giddy smile. He hugs me close to him and our son climbs in between us, sandwiched comfortably in the hug.

It all felt perfect, and it all was. The puzzle pieces of an inconvenient encounter at a coffee shop was enough to change my life forever.

"I love you, Y/N." Simon says, letting our eyes meet with a smile. The sun from the window reflects on the three of us and onto his grinning face.

"I love you too, Simon."

a/n: HELLO EVERYONE!

im so happy tons and tons of people enjoyed this book and i did too! i smiled, cried and had a whole wave of emotions writing this as i see a lot of you have too from all the lovely comments you leave!

i appreciate every single one of you for voting for my book; this was my first one and definitely not the last. i have some in progress but in my strong opinion, it won't ever be better than this one.

thank you all so much for bringing me where i am today, supporting my content and overall being a huge part in my uprising among the fanfiction community!

this chapter was for reaching 1k votes on this book, i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did ❤️

thank you and with love, zoa