Chapter V

Jamie's POV 

I woke up facing a very white ceiling with a chandelier dangling in the middle. 

My hotel room is bigger than I expected.

Wait.....

This isn't my hotel room. 

Oh shit, I'm still in Dakota's flat. I started scanning the room, looking for any signs of dakota but It seems like I'm alone in here. 

I stand up and noticed an open door next to the bathroom. 

I took a peek and saw that it's dakota's bedroom but she's not there. 

"Where is she?" I said under my breath. Still a bit dizzy and sleepy. 

 I went to the refrigerator to get water, I'm sure Dakota won't mind. Yeah, make yourself at home, dornan. 

I noticed a pink sticky note attached to it. 

"Hey Jamie, in case you wake up, make yourself at home. I'm in the supermarket getting some food for the two of us. Will be back soon. 

Oh and good morning, to you. 

-Dakota" 

I can't help but giggle while reading the note.  I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't for dakota. 

So I decided to just fix the sofa I slept on and watched some morning news while waiting for Dakota. 

"What's taking her so long?" looking at the clock hanging from the wall next to the entrance of the kitchen.  

After 30 minutes of waiting, I finally hear footsteps and a door closing behind me. 

"Morning Dakota......what took you so---holy shit!!!!!!!!" I dropped the remote from my hands when I saw dakota  with blood on her face and bruises on her arms

"What the hell happened to you?!"  she dropped her groceries on the floor and started to cry. I carried her to her bedroom and let her lay down. 

She hugged me and started to sob hard on my neck. I rubbed her back and still so shocked at what I saw on the door a few minutes ago. 

"Wait right here, I'm going to get your first aid kit and wet clean towel" 

I stood up and went to her kitchen to get the first aid kit. When through her bathroom and washed a clean cloth in cold water. 

"Tell me what happened" I said while cleaning her up with the wet towel. She's burning up.  

"It was horrible Jamie. I was walking through the supermarket getting all of the supplies I need to cook us some food. I got all of my bags and as I was going out of the supermarket, a random guy just draped his arms around me and dragged me down a dark alley. A group of men followed us and they started asking for my bag and money. I gave them everything......I thought they were going to leave, I really thought that they were done with me but then......but then....One of them suddenly held a bat and smacked me hard right in the head.......It hurts jamie, It really hurts that I can't stand up. 

 I passed out for a while and as I woke up I was alone with bruises all over my body....." 

ALL THE BLOOD IN MY BODY BOILING. THE SUDDEN URGE TO DROWN THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS IS GROWING.  

HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THIS TO A WOMAN.

 HOW COULD ANYONE FUCKING DO THIS TO DAKOTA. 

"Jamie, I'm so scared...." She said while hugging me tighter. She cried harder and harder. At some point, she couldn't even breathe. 

Oh, my beautiful angel, who would do this to you.  

"Take a rest, sweetheart. I won't leave you okay? I won't leave you don't worry" 

"Jamie I'm scared.....I'm so scared...." I can't stand dakota crying. My heart aches every time I hear her cry. It's like thousands of bullets shooting me from behind. 

"Shhhh, calm down dakota. I'm here, I won't leave you I promise. I'm going to take care of you" I adjusted her pillow and tuck her in nice and gently. 

"You're burning up Dakota. Let me get you your medicine okay? Stay here and make yourself comfortable. I'll be your nurse alright?"  I was about to kiss her on the cheek when she suddenly stops me. 

"I don't want you to get sick, Jamie" she said, her eyes still puffy and wet from all the crying. My poor princess. 

"No, I'm strong right? You said it last night....allow me to take care of you, the way you did" 

"Thank you, Jamie. Thank you so much....." I smiled at her as she slowly descends into a deep and peaceful sleep. 

I go to her medicine cabinet and got her flu medicines and some Advil. I made her some juice and took out a bowl and put cold water and rubbing alcohol in it with a clean cloth to cool down her fever.  

It hurts me to see dakota in that state. If ever I find the men behind all of this, I will kill the living shit out of them. 

...It's not a fucking threat.....It's a promise. 

I went into the bedroom and see a sleeping beauty. I smiled at how lovely she looks when she's sleeping. I had the time to admire her beauty. God she's gorgeous. 

Then I was distracted by all the bruises she had on her arms and legs and the cuts she had on her favor. 

This hurts me a lot. I should've been there.

To protect her. 

She opened her eyes and faced me giving me a small smile. 

"Here's your medicine, drink it. Sit up for me and I'll give you a sponge bath to cool you down" 

I started to wipe her arms, noticing her bruises. I can't help but feel a tear coming out of my eye but I try to hold it.......Dakota wants me to be strong, and I will be....for her. For my dakota. 

As soon as I finished, I fluffed her pillow and helped her get settled in bed to rest. 

"I will be in the living room if you need me okay? I'll cook soup for you" 

"Thank you, Jamie. Thank you so much, It means a lot to me.....seriously" Ugh she warms my heart so much, it gives me a lot of emotions to deal with. 

"Sleepwell, dakota" as she drifted to sleep. i stared at him for a while and slowly went inside again and gave her a kiss on one of the cuts in her forehead. 

 Before I left, I whispered softly

"I remembered what you whispered last night...and I just want to say

I love you too, Dakota. So much.

So very much....."