Chapter XXXVI

Jamie's POV 

We're at a hospital here in London, Dakota was admitted last night for having severe cramps. She's almost due so just to be sure, me and my sister Liesa took her here. It's nice to have my sister around since she's a girl, and she knows how to do this kind of stuff better than me. 

Dakota's now fast asleep with tear stains on her cheeks, this is her first time so I know it'll be painful. The stomach cramps are getting worst and she's not handling it very well. Whenever she's in pain, she doesn't tell us because she's too scared of what might happen, but it only made situations worst for her. 

Nurse Rosie, the one who assisted us during Dakota's ultrasound is also the nurse taking care of her right now. She came in the door with Samina, my step-mom. Dakota startles awake, for a moment her eyes widened, probably stunned at how much people are surrounding her, but then she closes her eyes tight and her face starts to whiten up..........and there it is again........screaming in 3, 2, 1.......

Dakota screams with pain and I am telling you her screaming right now is a lot worst and a lot more painful to hear. Samina puts on her gloves and shoves her entire hand inside Dakota. 

"She's ready!" she said in a panicky voice. But she tries her best to look as calm as possible.  

"Lift your legs, sweetheart. It's going to be alright. This will be fast if you push hard okay?" Nurse Rosie said, with a comforting at the same time concerning smile on her face. 

Dakota continues to scream......she screamed like her entire soul was leaving her body, her veins start to show up, her body becomes more pale than usual, her lips are turning into a nude color, her head is generating sweat, her arms are tightened around the hospital bed. I grabbed her right hand and allowed her to squeeze it even though the chances are losing my hand but......

If my fiancee's in pain, I should be there with her..... 

I get closer to her ear and whisper words of encouragement for her to continue pushing hard. I can feel that she's tired, she starts to shake and her breathing is more rapid.....It's concerning but I know it's normal. 

"Honey, It's okay you can do it, a little more, I believe in you" I kiss and wipe her cheeks with a towel now that it's dripping with tears and sweat combined. 

"I can see his head! A little more, Dakota!" Samina said. Dakota takes a few deep breaths and pushes one last time before she collapses on her bed. After a few moments, a cry of a new angel roared across the entire room. 

I'm gonna cry. 

A pale healthy baby boy, crying in Samina's arms appears before me. I can't help but shake with excitement. I can feel the water coming out of the sides of my eyes. Liesa comes insides and immediately cried once she saw my baby boy.

"He's beautiful, Jamie" she whispers. I look at Dakota who's heavily asleep. My poor wife to be. 

Nurse Rosie interrupts me and asks me to borrow my baby boy for a while so she can clean him and wrap him around a cozy blanket. 

I gave him to her carefully and went back to Dakota's side whose hands are so cold, her cheeks regained it's natural red color, also her lips. She looks tired but she's stunning. I will never get tired of looking at her. 

A few minutes later, Nurse Rosie arrives with my beautiful baby boy, all blood-free, with eyes slightly opened, moving around his blue blanket. Oh, he's precious, thank god. 

"He's really healthy, Mr. Dornan! Congratulations to you and your wife!" she said, smiling at me. Feeling nostalgic that I began to reminisce the day Dulcie was born. I must admit, she was the noisiest newborn baby in the hospital.......who turned out to become an amazing little girl. 

I cradle my baby boy in my arms and see Dulcie coming inside the room with the bear Dakota gave me at our engagement party. She gasped, putting her tiny hands in her mouth, she slowly comes my way and began to cry. 

"Aw, why are you crying princess?" I pull her close to me, not sure if she's upset about something or what. 

"Daddy...." she said, controlling herself not to bawl. 

"What's the matter, Dulcie? why are you upset?" I asked her. It couldn't be the baby right? She's excited about this. 

"I'm not upset, daddy" she wipes her nose and eyes but continues to let out small sobs and sniffs. 

"Then why are you crying?" she was silent for a few minutes then starts to poke the baby gently on his chubby cheeks, she suddenly sinks to the floor on her knees and began to holler. 

I carry her up in my arms and wiped her tears away. Why is she crying? 

"Sweetie, just tell daddy why you're so sad" I kiss her repeatedly all over her face. She eventually calms down and looks at me in the eyes. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I AM CRYING BECAUSE HE'S SO CUTE DADDY AND I DON'T WANT HIM TO GROW UP!" she yells out of nowhere startling Dakota awake, I want to laugh but I don't want to because I feel like that's gonna upset her more. 

"what's going on?" Dakota says, still sleepy and probably doesn't know where she is right now. Her eyes widen when she saw our little baby boy who is now asleep in my arms cradling up to my chest. 

Dakota starts to tear up realizing and remembering that she just gave birth earlier today. She tries to get out of bed to get close to me, but I stop her knowing that she's still very weak. I stand up and sat beside her on her hospital bed, I assist Dulcie up the bed and she crawls right into Dakota's side, who's now cradling our little baby boy. 

Dakota caresses his cheeks, she traces his face with her fingers. She kisses his forehead repeatedly. She hugs him closer to her arms......Oh, my wife-to-be and our new baby boy. 

Dulcie scoots under Dakota's arm, I go near the three of them and drape my left hand in Dakota's shoulder and my right hand in Dulcie's. 

Dakota looks at the 3 of us and whispers "I love you"  she looks down again on our little angel and leans down his ear. 

"I love you, Nicholas James........your mommy loves you so much" 

Nicholas James Dornan,  our baby boy.