Chapter XXVIII

I step inside a dark abandoned building. The first floor was filled with boxes, large ones and small ones. I walked in slowly, making sure that I don't make any noise. 

To be honest, I'm a little paranoid of what might come before me but I can't be scared, not today. I kept reminding myself that my little girl is with her, that my girlfriend is with her. 

In the hands of the serial killer I divorced. 

I found the stairs beside the old manual elevator near the bathrooms. This is where people die in criminal movies. This is the kind of place where Paul Spector will bring his victims. 

I slowly climb the stairs, making sure I do not miss a step or step on anything. 

I'm almost near the second floor when I hear a door getting slammed on the wall and then what I heard next landed me on my knee. 

"NO NO PLEASE NO I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE" followed by a high pitched scream of pain and terror. 

Dakota....

Then I hear a child crying "no mommy no" while screaming her little hear out for help. 

My baby.... 

I slowly take a few steps up and take a peek on what was happening. As I look I saw Dulcie in Amelia's arms and Dakota tied up in a pole on her knees, she has blood running down her nose, her eyes are obviously punched by Amelia or the other guys with her, her skin was filled with bruises worst than the last time she was beaten up on the streets, her throat was tied up with a rope making it hard for her to breathe. 

The blood drained from my face, all of the strength  I had on the way here was converted into disgust and fright. But I can't, I have to be strong. I have to save them, I have to face Amelia. I brought Amelia into their lives, so I should be the one stopping her.

"I can do this, I can do this" I whispered to myself hoping that no one would hear me. 

but unfortunately......

someone from behind me said 

"Oh no you don't"   

Dakota's POV 

My whole body hurts, I can't feel my knees, I can't feel my head, I can't feel anything anymore. My heart starts to slow down, I'm catching my own breath, I can't feel my throat. All I feel is that everytime I move, the rope on my neck is getting tighter and tighter. 

My mind starts to play tricks on me.....

I can hear his voice, I can hear my sweet Jamie's voice. 

"Oh Jamie......I'm sorry" I said under my breath, I bow down my head knowing that this will be the death of me. 

"LET ME GO YOU MOTHERFUCK" 

what? Jamie? 

I look up and try to adjust my eyes to see where the voice is coming from. Am I hallucinating. Am I in heaven already? My head hurts and I'm so confused. 

I saw Jamie struggling to get out of the arms of a tall guy in a black shirt. He threw him violently at the corner facing me, I looked at him and I started to scream and struggle out of the rope that's tied around my hands. 

"Well........well.......well look who's here, if it isn't my husband" Amelia said, going near him. Jamie looks away but Amelia tugged his chin in her direction while caressing his face.