Chapter XVI

Jamie's POV 

The memories started flooding back to me. From that moment on until now, she is and will always be the most beautiful girl whom I ever laid eyes upon. 

 I looked down at them, still sleeping. Dulcie keeps moving while Dakota was still in the same position. If only everyday were like this, then my world would be such a better place to live in. 

"Things will get better sweetheart" I whispered to Dulcie, repeatedly kissing her on the head. She's still 2 years old and will soon be 3. 

She's so naive, her innocence. She doesn't even know what's going on, she doesn't even know the reason behind my tears. She doesn't know what her mother is like or what her mother is going to do with her father. 

"It will, Jamie" 

I looked to my other side and saw Dakota awake and stretching her arms, still yawning. Her eyes got smaller, very evident that she slept. 

Her eyes still trying so hard to keep it open. Her hair all messy in a bun. Her clothes all wrinkly. I can't hide my smile, amused on how she still manages to maintain her magnificent aura. 

"Why are you smiling?" 

"I don't know.......you look beautiful" 

she smiled and grabs a pillow. She stands up, takes 3 steps backward and aims at me with the people. 

I gasped in shock and amusement "You'll wake up Dulcie!" I widened my eyes and raised my tone a bit. 

Her smile fades, not getting that I was joking, So I grabbed the pillow she threw at me and grabbed a bigger one from the couch and threw both to her in return. 

She narrows her eyes, mocking. She looks like a little girl, positioning herself to attack me, her fist are already ready to strike but before she could even execute her plan to punch me, I carried Dulcie in my arms who is surprisingly still asleep, that made Dakota step back and stop her fist in mid-air. 

"Using your own daughter as a shield? really? you're a good dad Jamie...." she mocks. I laugh. 

"wait here.......I shall return"  channeling my inner General Douglas MacArthur 

I walked to Dakota's bedroom and took out Dulcie's small sofa bed and set it up near the couch so she can sleep comfortably. I'd leave her in the bedroom but I don't want another surprise. 

I looked for Dakota ready to finish our unexpected battle, when I saw her sitting on the breakfast bar, looking at something. I was nervous to ask at first, but then she smiled. So It was a relief. 

"What are you looking at?" 

"It's was our first day in set....Remember Sam took a picture of us? She developed it and she gave it to me during the premier" 

"Yeah I remember that picture. You told me that I look so young without my beard" 

Remembering all of these memories with Dakota, made me hopeful and a lot more stronger than these past few days.  I realized that I had a life to explore. I have a daughter to raise and a girl to love.

We spent hours and hours talking about embarrassing memories,  funny ones, emotional ones and most especially the days we bonded overnight on set during shooting weeks. 

"And remember that time when you farted while doing the playroom scene?" she asked in between laughs, I can't help but blush, embarrassed of that memory but still every laugh and every smile on her face, brings me to a new realization. 

If I don't fight, I'll not only lose my life......I'll also lose Dakota.  My cries won't help me fight through the pain Amelia's bringing me. 

I mean it is normal to cry, especially when you find a situation so hard but always keep in mind to keep your head up high and instead of crying, devise a plan on how to push away all of the struggles and kill em' one by one. 

Cries won't make the pain go away, but learning how to fight it out of your life, will make those cries into smiles. 

BE STRONG DORNAN. Our mind is a powerful thing. When we fill it with negative thoughts, we will never move forward... 

Me and Dakota has been reminiscing for about an hour now. You don't even know how much weight has been lifted from my chest because of these memories and realizations. 

"And that time when you accidentally poured hot grease on Zeppelin and you cried for at least 20 minutes apologizing to him" 

"HEY, I LOVE HIM AND I GOT SCARED" she crossed her arms and pouted. 

"You literally apologized to him countless times for at least 20 minutes or more...." 

she pushed me out of the chair that made me fall flat on my bum. It hurts but I can't help but laugh so hard, I had tears coming out of my face. 

Dakota really gets violent when you're mocking her. 

but I love her. 

She continues laughing at me while I'm still on the floor, caressing my bum. 

"JUST HELP ME DAKOTA!" I whined while pouting my lips. 

"Okay okay, hold out your hands big boy" she helped me stand up and to my surprise she push me towards her and kissed me passionately. I can feel her lower body, brush up against my sex. Her chest touches mine and......yup there it is. My twitching dick.  

"So, how's your bum?" she asked seductively. 

"All better...." I took her hand, spun her around and pushed her towards me again. I nibbled her ear and whispered "thanks to you"  

"Well....I'm the best doctor in town, Mr Dornan" she said while tracing my chest with her fingers. 

"Daddy!" 

"Daddy......baby needs your help" she said in the sweetest tone. I kissed her one last time in the lips before I head to Dulcie. 

"Daddy! Daddy! Look who's here" 

When I turned around, I really  really really hoped that I was dreaming. 

"Hi, babe!" 

"A-amelia?" 

I'm sorry If this was a short chapter guys. I have things to accomplish before I head to college this august. Anyways, enjoy! I love all of you xo 

-G