Chapter XVIII

Jamie's POV 

It's true that when you see the person you love getting hurt in front of you, you will suddenly feel all the types of pain a person can possibly feel. 

All this different scenarios will flow through your head, is she leaving me? is she fighting? Oh, I hope she's fighting. Cause I can't seem to picture a world without her with me. It wouldn't be the same.

"How is she doc?" 

"her vital signs are now stable, we've been able to pump up blood back in her system, she may have a hard time breathing for some time but she's okay. Don't worry Mr Dornan" 

"Thank you so much, doc!" 

"Anything for the patient. I'm just going to check her monitor before I leave" 

She started pressing these buttons in Dakota's monitor and recording her progress. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" 

"Yes.......she is my girlfriend" 

"According to her charts, she was sent here because she has a trauma in the neck area. And was slit by a knife on the same spot...." 

"Oh yeah, um....." 

"Don't tell me you did this?" she asked with caution. 

"NO DEAR GOD!" 

"Well, that's all I need to know....." 

I feel annoyed for some reason, but somewhat I understood that she has the right to ask cause she's a doctor. 

"I'm sorry for that, Mr Dornan! I feel very protective with female patients....especially in this kind of accidents. Mostly the patients who come here with the same complications as your girlfriend is caused by sexual enjoyment with violent fetishes of partners and sometimes just psychotic partners "

I smiled at her, she left a minute later telling me that Dakota's getting better already. 

I took my chair and placed it next to Dakota's bed. My poor queen. Her face was whiter than usual, her lips turned into a fleshy shade, the color on her cheeks disappeared. I miss her. 

"Dakota, if you can hear me, I just want you to know that I miss you so much" I held her hands tight and kissed it. 

"Dakota, I'm so sorry for getting you into all of this......I didn't even thought of your life during our date. I didn't even thought of your safety when I slept in your house. The happiness I felt when I finally saw you again was so overwhelming that I didn't even think that when Amelia finds out I'm with you.....she's going to put you in danger too........and now, looking at you.......she did, she really did" 

I squeezed her hands tighter, hoping that she will give me a signal that she's awake. 

"Sweetheart, please wake up! Please I miss you and I'm sorry........I truly am sorry! You were so brave earlier today and I was so weak........I was so weak that I didn't even think of anything to stop all of it"

I held her hand and put it close to my heart. 

"Do you feel that? Dakota, do you feel it? Please wake up......If you let go, then this beat, this beat that you're feeling, will stop and go with you" 

I leaned my head on her bed, still holding her hand, not letting it go.

from that moment on.....I drifted to sleep.