Chapter XX

Dakota's POV 

I'm left all alone. My mom left about 10 minutes ago saying that she has to go home to help Stella with her college application. 

Jamie's taking forever to come back, so I decided to watch Friends on my laptop to pass the time. I am almost finish with one season when my phone vibrates on my desk. 

I checked and It was from Jamie. 

"Hey love! call me as soon as you get this message x" 

I dialed his number and picked up after the 3rd ring. 

"Jamie? What's wrong?" 

"Look outside your window. Beside the couch" 

I stood up and peaked outside my window. I'm in the 23rd floor of a hospital and all I see is city lights and buildings below me. 

"Jamie, I don't understand what am I suppose to be looking at?" 

"Turn around, beautiful" 

I turned around and saw my beautiful man in a gray tuxedo matching with a silver bow tie. He's holding a hanger which hangs a beautiful tight but elegant white dress in his right hand and a champagne bottle on the left. 

He looks breathtaking. I don't know what to say and for sure I don't know what's going on. My mouth was a perfect "o" and my eyes started to tear up. 

"I realized that since you're going to stay here for a little while because of your therapy and this room is a little depressing so, I'm here to surprise you with happiness"  He came towards me and gave me the dress. He kissed me on my cheeks and whispered "This looks perfect on you, wear it" 

I can't help but blush, this man is seriously a hero. 

"Jamie.....I forgot"

"What?"

"I can't go out of the hospital"

"Oh, I know!" 

"Then whe-" he started to laugh cutting me off.

"Who said we're going out of the hospital?" he smirked before telling me to get dressed and he'll meet me outside of my room. 

I slip into the dress he got me. It fits me well and yeah he is right, It looks good on me. I took a pair of black flats in my room closet and fixed my hair in front of the mirror. After 10 minutes of prep, I went out and saw Jamie sitting and waiting for me with a big grin on his face. 

"Ready?" offering me his arms to take. 

I grabbed and kissed his arms, as I whisper "Always" to him. 

We ride the elevator and he pressed the button going straight to the roof deck. I wondered what could be up there, cause for sure this isn't a grand hotel where there's a large Olympic pool waiting for me. 

"Where are you taking me Jamie?" 

"You'll see" he said and winked at me. 

"You aren't going to push me off the edge of the building are you?"  I said jokingly, he stared at me with fear in his eyes not getting the joke I intend to send. 

After a minute or two we reached the top of the hospital building. We stopped by a glass door, which is weird cause I didn't know that there was another room at the top of this hospital. 

"Jamie, I'm a bit scared" I hug his arms tightly, cause to be honest I'm freaking out......this is where people die in horror movies. 

"Don't be please! Dakota look at me.....do you think I'll ever put you in harm? Why would I ever put someone who means the whole world to me in harm?"