Chapter XXXIV

Jamie's POV 

3rd month.

Dakota's in that point of her pregnancy that she starts to hate me and craves for food the is out of this world. I know her for being the only woman who can eat a lot in one sitting, but now that she's pregnant.........she wasn't never hungry. 

So we're going to the doctors today if to see if our little blip is going to be a girl or a boy. I am rooting for another girl, but then again I want to take care of a little boy and teach him a lot of things.

"Honey?" I call for Dakota upstairs but she's not answering. I go up and search for her in our bedroom. I went to her walk in closet, she's not there. I check our bathroom and I saw her sitting on the floor crying her eyes out. 

"Dakota, what's wrong?"  I sat beside her and put her head in my shoulders. I carefully pull her closer to me and wipe her tears streaming down her face. 

"This is gonna sound stupid" she said in between sniffs 

"All your words mean something to me so don't worry" I said tucking in one of the strands of her hair on her face. 

She looks up at me, her eyes so puffy and red. Her soft lips forming into an adorable pout. I know that what she's going to say might be a bit crazy but she's cute and I love my fiancee. 

She looks down and touches her belly, slowly caressing it making a circular motion. 

"What's wrong baby?" I tilt her chin so she would look at me, her eyes start to water and her lips start to shake. She tries to stop it by biting her lower lip but it only made things worst. 

"I'm getting so fat" 

and there it is.....

I hide my smile so she wouldn't get offended, I try to understand her, she's pregnant and her emotions are up there.  She's so adorable, I can't resist it. 

I start kissing her repeatedly and hugs her tight. She hugs me back but continues to cry on my chest. 

"You know what sweetheart, you're not getting fat, you just have a little angel inside of you. Our little angel. You shouldn't get upset because to be honest, even though you're pregnant you're still the most beautiful woman I ever and will ever lay my eyes upon. No one can be as perfect as you are and everytime I see you,  I can't help but look up the sky because I know someone up there must have loved me a lot that he or she gave me to you" 

she looks up at me, still sniffing but now blushing and forming a smile on her face. I poke her cheeks and her nose, making her giggle. Ahhhhh the sound of my wife to be's giggle, It's comforting. 

"There's my queen! Can I see that smile again?" I lift the both sides of her lips making her laugh completely. 

"There you go......always smile alright? you're perfect and whenever you smile, someone around here is falling in love with you even more." 

"And who's that someone, may I ask?" 

I assist her up and drag her towards the mirror, I hug her from behind, caressing her tummy and kissing her on the neck. 

"Look into the mirror" she looks up and looks at me from the mirror, puzzled. 

"You see that guy hugging that beautiful lady from behind? That's the someone who falls for the blue-eyed goddess even harder when she smiles...." She looks at me. Grey to blue from the mirror with affection and much fondness. She grips my hand wrapped around her stomach, she turns around facing me and places her hands over my shoulders and starts to kiss me, slowly and with enchantment. 

"Let's go see if this little one is a girl or a boy" 

I smiled and kissed her before we leave the bathroom hand in hand finding Dulcie on top of our bed, holding a book and ready to go. 

We arrive at the hospital 25 minutes later, I have Dulcie in my left arm and assisting Dakota in my right. 

"Daddy, I want to walk" well, thank god cause she's really getting heavier. I kiss her forehead before I put her down and take her small hand. 

We arrive at the reception, the brunette lady immediately recognized the both of us, especially me.......well it's because she's the same nurse that helped me when Amelia was pregnant with Dulcie. 

"Good morning Mr Dornan and Ms Johnson!" she walks out of her desk and kneels down to greet Dulcie. 

"Hello beauty! How are you?" she said, making Dulcie hide between my legs. 

"She's fine, Nurse Rosie! Never better" 

She gets up and assist us up to the 3rd floor where the maternity section of the hospital is located. We meet with my step-mom, Samina. Who's also a gynecologist like my father. 

We step into her office where it's filled canvases and a series of different charts, which includes the formation of the baby through the months, the position of the baby inside, signs of pregnancy and also Do's and Don'ts for pregnant women. 

"Jamie!" she jump out of her chair, coming over us and giving me a small hug. 

"Hi Samina! how's dad?" I asked

"He's great! Misses you and your sisters a lot!" she said, beaming. 

"Well, we'll visit him again soon. Anyways, me and my fiancee's here to see what our baby's gender is" 

Samina was also the doctor who checked up on Amelia when we didn't know what gender our little Dulcie was. 

"Hi Dakota! It's nice to see you again, if you can just come with me and let's see if you two are going to have a prince or a princess" 

Dakota follows, looking happy and excited. I follow her with Dulcie at my side who seems to be really distracted with the book she's reading. 

Dakota lays down carefully, Samina asked her to pull up her shirt so she can put some sort of gel all over her belly. 

"It's cold" she whispers, making me laugh a bit. 

"Okay, you're set, are you ready you two?" she looks at us delighted. 

"Yes!" we squealed in unison. 

Samina started the ultrasound and on the monitor appears the figure of our baby. God it makes me want to burst into tears of joy. 

"So are you guys ready to know the sex of your little angel?" 

 I take Dakota's hand and I can tell she's really nervous, I grin at her and mouthed "go". She looks at Samina and nods her head, signaling her to tell us the sex of the life we made. 

I squeeze her hand and Samina goes near the screen pointing at something. She gasps and looks at us, thinking that we got her message, but actually we don't know what she's pointing at. 

"What?" Me and Dakota said together, our tone a bit eager. Actually......remove the word "a bit" and replace it with "really" 

She calls out Dulcie from the other room. She comes running in still holding her book and goes to Samina. Samina carries her and puts her in her lap and whispers something to Dulcie. 

Dulcie's eyes widen, she puts her tiny hands over her mouth, she removes it a moment later revealing a big little girl smile. She starts screaming and waves both her hands up in the air. 

She looks at us, still beaming and and starts squealing at us repeatedly, saying 

"I'M GOING TO HAVE A BABY BROTHER"