Chapter XXXI

Dakota's POV 

"Dakota! Dakota! Dakota!" I jolt awake, Jamie right beside me shaking me to death. 

"I'm awake, I'm awake, Jesus!" I said rubbing my eyes, and slightly annoyed that he woke me at 12 midnight. 

I stare at him, his eyes filled with concern, his nose is runny and his eyes are red. What, did he cry?

"Jamie, what's wrong?" 

"It's my dad" 

I stand up and grab my robe from the bathroom door, I sat beside him waiting for him to continue. 

"He's rushed to the hospital! he had a heart attack while he's walking along the botanical gardens in belfast" 

My eyes widen from the news, my heart started beating really fast. Oh dear god, please help Jim. 

"We have to go to belfast right now! My sister's booked a plane for us already" 

"Okay, let's go I'll get the kids!" I rushed to Dulcie's room and surprisingly she's standing by the door all dressed up and ready to go. 

"Let's go see, grandpa Jim baby girl!" I carry her in her arms and went back to our bedroom and see Jamie carrying a Duffel bag containing mine and his clothes. 

"Where's your clothes, Dulcie?" I asked. She pointed at her small back up and surprisingly gave me a kiss on the cheek and hugged me tightly. Dulcie's clingy today. 

We went out and lock the door shut, we go to driveway and I've never seen Jamie move this fast. He threw the duffel bag at the back seat, next to Dulcie and start the engine as fast as he could. 

He looks tense. I've never seen him like this in like.......what?.......years, maybe? 

We speed through the streets of UK. I look at Jamie who's breathing heavily, making me panic cause this is where his attacks starts. 

I grab the very heavy duffel bag and get his inhaler from the side, just in case. 

I hold his hands who's resting on the side of his seat and smiled at him. "It's going to be okay, Jamie" 

He let out a sigh and manage a smile for me. "he was walking peacefully in the botanic garden, when one of the people there saw him sweating and breathing heavily. One guy rushed to him, recognized that he's having a heart attack. The guy who saw him called for an ambulance and he went to the hospital 10 minutes later" 

I unbuckle myself and reach out to his face, kissing him and telling him to calm down. 

"Your dad, is strong Jamie. Don't worry, he'll be okay" 

We reached the airport 20 minutes later, Jamie rushed to the back seat and grabs the duffel bag. 

"Can you carry, Dulcie for me? I'll go and check us in" he said and I nod in agreement. 

"Let's go baby girl, we have a plane to catch" I carry a sleepy Dulcie in my arms and hurriedly walk to Jamie's direction. 

"3 for belfast, Mr Dornan?" 

"Yes please" Jamie said in an exhausted voice. 

"In you go sir, your plane will leave in 15 minutes" 

We walked fast enough to get to the plane in 5 minutes. We got settled on our place, I noticed Jamie's tapping his fingers on his knees, there's something weird about it that I can't figure out. He's hiding something from me.