Chapter XXI

Jamie's POV 

My life has never been better. Dakota is now my girlfriend, I couldn't ask for more. The sun has set the day Amelia attempted to kill me but when I bumped into Dakota a few days back in the store.....It was slowly rising again. And now, we're together, the sun has risen completely. 

We're in Dakota's room and I'm waiting for her to finish in the shower. I was helping her fix her clothes since it's her last 2 days in here and I'm waiting for Dakota's mom, Melanie, to bring back my baby Dulcie. 

Dakota is still in the shower, playing a bunch of songs by Journey. She started belting out to "open arms" and I must admit, her voice is amazing. 

"Sweetheart...." I knocked on her door, making  her stop singing. 

"CAN'T YOU SEE I AM HAVING A CONCERT"  I laugh, realizing that I just ruined her private time. 

"Your throat....be careful" 

"Oh" 

When Dakota's happy, she has absolutely no regards for her safety. It's concerning at the same time adorable. 

She finished after 5 minutes, which all in all took her about 30 minutes inside the shower, cleaning herself up but majority of the time was her having a concert.  

She steps out of the bathroom, wearing only her towel. Her damp hair falling below her shoulders, her white skin, glowing under the fluorescent lights, her lips much red in color, matching her blushing cheekbones.

I'm tempted. 

"Enjoying the view, baby?" 

Didn't even realize I was staring at her. I hear the door open and someone tapped on my shoulders.

"Take it easy, Jamie! Here's your little girl....." Melanie said while handing Dulcie to me. 

"And this is my little girl" heading Dakota's direction and hugging her like she hasn't seen her for years. Even though they saw each other yesterday. 

"Okay mom....mom......you should stop now" 

"I missed you, coqui!" 

"Mom......you were with me yesterday" She releases her and gives Dakota tiny kisses on her shoulders. 

"Is it a crime for a mother to miss her daughter?" 

I miss my mom. She's amazing, if she was still alive, she would've been so happy to meet Dakota. 

"Anyways, I better get going. I was just here to return Dulcie to her father and say hello to my girl. I'll see you guys soon. Take care of her, Jamie!" she said while giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Will do, Melanie!"

"Bye Mom!" 

Dakota slips on into her favorite sweats and my old white t-shirt. She dries her hair with the towel and throws it into a bun. 

"All alone at last" I grabbed her waist and carried her bridal style to her hospital bed. 

She clears her throat and points at Dulcie who is standing on top of the sofa, observing us. 

"Let's address the princess in the room"  

I release dakota and gave her a quick peck and turned around carrying my little princess. I throw her in the air, and catch her safely in my arms. I look at dakota and noticed that she's holding her breath.