Chapter XXIII

Dakota's POV

I'm out of the hospital today, even though I'm somewhat terrified of going back home, I'm still so happy that I'm going back to my own bed.  Jamie's helping me prepare my stuffs then we are good to go. 

"Ugh I am so happy to go home!" I hugged Jamie from behind, jumped and wrapped my legs on his waist. I give my full strength to climb on top of his shoulder and just sit there. 

"I'm not a tree you know?" he demanded, trying to hide his smile. I played with his hair like a little girl just to annoy him. Suddenly, he grabs my waist and effortlessly lifts me out of his shoulders and puts me back in bed. 

"But I was having fun" I pouted. 

"I don't care!" he snaps, shocking me. 

I sat there watching him fix things left in my room, wondering what has gotten into him. He took a deep breath and looked at me. He comes towards me and I feel the need to back up. 

"Babe...." he said in a sincere tone. 

"What? Are you going to shout at me some more?" I said feeling really down, It's the first time I heard Jamie scream at me for no apparent reason. 

He sits next to me, he wrapped his arms around me and cradled me closer to him. He kisses my temples repeatedly, while whispering "I love you" and "I'm sorry" to me. 

"I'm kind of nervous of going home today" he said while giving me a kiss. 

"Why? I'm pretty much excited to get out of here" giving him a big smile. Seriously, I really am excited to get out of here. The surrounding's depressing and the only thing keeping me happy is Jamie, his little baby Dulcie and my family who comes in to visit on most days. But the whole thing, the therapy, the medications and everything just sucks. 

"It's nice to see you happy, dakota!" 

"I will be happier if you are happy too, baby" I hug him while swaying him side to side. Cheering up Jamie is surprisingly hard work. His expressions instantly changes and are just too convincing but his thoughts remains the same. 

"Come on......" he thugs my hands and carries me over his shoulder. "Let's get you out of here"  

"Jamie get me down please!" I struggle out of his hold, kicking his bum. "Seriously Jamie, people will think that you've kidnapped me or something like that." 

Well........just imagine someone as hot as Jamie kidnapping you. I'd be willing to go. Wow, dakota. Okay. Desperate. 

"Why would someone like me, kidnap someone?" he winks and starts flexing his muscles. "I mean look at me......" 

That's what I was thinking. 

"oh jamie stop that, we're in public" I whispered, noticing the people eyeing the two of us. 

"Why you're in embarrassed of me baby?" he said pouting. 

"Almost.....if you don't stop" he hides his smile, but Ii notice his shoulders shaking. Too obvious, baby. 

I signed some papers and was asked to buy some medicines, in case sore throat kicks in. 

As we reach the hospital's open parking, Jamie opened the passenger seat and gives me a swift kiss on the cheeks. 

We drove in silence, not our normal drive. Most of the time we're on the road, we listen to music or talk about random stuffs.  I notice Jamie tapping his fingers to an unknown beat, .