Chapter XXIX

"Your fucking boyfriend is the only one that got away......" 

I look at her direction and build up the courage to stand up to  her. I straighten my body, I look at her straight in the eye and said 

 "no matter how many people you've killed in the past, on the inside you're just one lonely son of a bitch"

she steps back and for a minute there I saw her eyes start to water, she looks down gasping and when she looks up again and kicks me right in the ribs making me fall down on my knees. 

"AMELIA!!!!!! YOUR DAUGHTER IS HERE DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT HER, YOU CREATED HER AND NOW SHE SEES YOU AS MONSTER NOT A MOTHER" Jamie screams from the side of the room, still holding a crying Dulcie in his arms. The other guy was holding firmly holding Jamie so he wouldn't dare run to my direction. 

Amelia looks at him, now her face was filled with emotional pain. She let's out a few sobs here in there that eventually turned into laughter. This woman is really scary. "fucked up" is not even the right description for someone like her. 

She walks around the room, looking at every one around her. All of us were silent. The ropes are starting to burn my throat, making me struggle to breathe. My breathing starts to get heavier and heavier by the minute. I can feel my heart stopping ever 2 seconds.

Amelia goes near Enzo, looking at him seductively in the eyes. Enzo's arms starts to crawl onto Amelia's back making her smile between his mouth. She leans forward and kisses Enzo passionately, making my stomach turn on it's side. I look at Jamie who's looking at them with wide eyes. I turn again into Amelia's direction and I saw a gun in Amelia's hand pointing at Enzo's head. 

"DON'T!" I screamed as loud as I can and in a matter of split seconds, Amelia pulls the trigger and fires at Enzo. 

Enzo falls on the floor with blood oozing down his head. Amelia looks at Me and Jamie, she stares at me and decided to go in my direction. She wipes the blood off her face using her hands and kicks Enzo's lifeless body to the side. 

She goes near me and cocks the gun making a sound that made me think about my whole life, how I spent every minute of it. 

"I thought you're weak Dakota, but you're actually one strong little girl..........and that's not gonna work for me" she points the gun in my head and I can only hear Jamie's words in my head. I can hear his screams, his cries but most of all I can hear his declaration of love to me repeating over and over again. 

I close my eyes and trying my best to slowly accept my faith. I look at Jamie's direction and he was struggling out of his confinement. The man guarding Jamie was tightening his grip. Jamie keeps on calling Amelia's name and begging for her, begging for her to stop what she's about to do. 

I smiled at Jamie and mouthed "It's okay" to him. I'd rather see myself in this situation than be the one to see Jamie facing death. 

I looked down and look at Jamie one last time and said  "I love you" to him. He screamed and screamed, Dulcie still crying, looking at me with so much pain. 

I close my eyes. 

2

BANG. 

Jamie's POV 

Before I know it a gunshot roared across the entire room making me sink on my knees. She's gone. My Dakota's gone and It's all my fault. 

My Queen's gone for good. The love of my life. The most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes upon. My true heart's desire. My girlfriend.........she's really gone. 

My heart pains me to hear and see the last sight of the girl I love the most, at the end of her thread. Pain doesn't even express the feeling tingling down my body right now. It's like the year 1998 again. It's this pain all over again. 

I feel Dulcie's little arms tapping on my face. I look up at her and I see her staring at Dakota's direction.  

I look up and I saw Dakota's still tied up and blinking. I look down on the floor and saw Amelia gushing out blood from her chest. I look up at Dakota again and she's staring at the other side of the room and there I saw an NYPD police officer holding out a gun in Dakota's direction. 

I looked up at the police officer and he hurriedly ran to my direction. He pointed a gun to the guy who has been holding me back into running, the guy immediately put his hands up, surrendering himself. The police officer hand cuffed him, and calling out the other officers on the 1st floor, probably waiting for a signal. 

A team of 10 officers and 4 medics came rushing to the room, arresting the guy and collecting the body of Amelia and Enzo. One of the medics took Dulcie out of my arms who is shaking incredibly from fear. 

"I'll take her to the hospital sir if that's okay with you. She's in need of a child therapist this instant" the medic said. I nod in agreement. 

I look in Dakota's direction and she's breathing heavily and fast, I ran towards her and one of the police officers already cut off the rope tightened around her neck and hands. She fainted in my arms and just like that, her skin is Ice cold and pale as snow. 

"Sir we better get her in an ambulance. I noticed when the suspect fell on the floor, her hands accidentally pulled the rope tightening the grip around her neck, suffocating her and almost choking her to death. Right now she's in need of oxygen quick" the police officer said. 

"Can I go with her?" I asked, wanting to hold her in my arms. 

"You may, sir....." 

He called the medics and put her on a stretcher, attaching oxygen into her mouth.  

"Thank you for being on time, sir" I said really really grateful to the officer who shot Amelia. 

"My Duty sir! I'm the one who took your phone call earlier today in the station, Mr Dornan. We've been listening to everything from downstairs since you entered the building" 

I hugged him, really thankful for what he did. He saved the life of my beloved and also the life of me and my daughter. 

"What's your name?" I asked. 

"Aaron, sir. You can call me, aaron" he said smiling. 

"Thank you, Aaron. If there's anything I can do for you, I'd be honored to help" I said while we come down together, with the other police team. 

"Your phone call was enough sir" 

I looked at him puzzled, not sure of what he's trying to convey. We step out into the 6:00pm sky of new york city. He escorted me to the Ambulance where Dakota's in. 

Before he closed the door he looked up at me and smiled. 

"She's the one who killed my son, Mr Dornan...........I tracked her down for years but I can't seem to find her. But then you called and you gave me hope. Thank you for that, sir" he smiled and closed the ambulance door. 

This isn't how expected life to turn out.  

but I'm grateful that I'm alive. 

most especially........My queen and princess are too.