Chapter XXVI

Dakota's POV 

We're still in the hotel that Jamie's sister has been staying in. It's 5:00am and I'm not quite sure why I woke up this early but I decided to run a hot bath and call room service so when Jamie and Dulcie wakes up, breakfast is already ready. 

I prepare the bath, making the water warm enough for me to get in and relax. I apply bubbles to cover my dignity but I wouldn't mind if Jamie sees me in here.......He could join me. 

I get in and for some weird reason, the bath is a good place for you to re-evaluate your whole entire life. To think about every issue going on in your life, your boyfriend, your career, your family....Amelia. All sorts of things. Seeing Jamie's sister makes me think if the family knows about the incident. If his father knows or he made up a lame excuse of why they divorced in the first place. 

God, it's only right now when I realized that I have a lot of questions on my mind. I don't even know why Amelia did what she did. To be fair.....Jamie doesn't know either. 

Maybe she is psychotic. Wait, hold up........SHE IS PSYCHOTIC. 

It's about 6:00 am and room service arrived. I quickly dress up, picking up some shorts and a shirt and put my hair up with a towel. 

"Thank you so much!" I said to the kind boy who brought our food. 

"A pleasure to serve you and Mr Dornan! Enjoy" he smiled and went out the door. 

I prepare the breakfast on the tiny breakfast bar in our room and prepared coffee for Jamie and tea for me.  

"Perfect" I whispered under my breath. I check the clock and it's 6:15, I check the bed and Dulcie's wide awake staring at me with a smile on her face. 

Dulcie's a morning person. 

"Good morning, baby girl!" I go to her direction and carry a 'just-woke-up' Dulcie in my arms. I can hear her suck her thumb, which I stopped immediately. 

"You want milk in the morning, Dulcie?" I asked. She nodded her head in agreement. So, I called for room service again and asked for warm milk for my Boyfriend's daughter.  

Room service arrived after 5 minutes. It's the same boy, right now he looks a bit different and down the last time he went in. I thanked him and before he turns around he mouthed "I'm sorry" to me. 

What's his problem. 

"Dulcie here's your-" 

and everything was dark.  

Jamie's POV 

I jolted awake cause I heard a scream from our room...... Weird, maybe it was just a dream. 

I look around but Dulcie and Dakota was not with me in bed. I went to the bathroom but there was no one there. Maybe they're trying to prank me. I laughed at the Idea. 

I check the closet near the door but It's empty. Where are they.  Now I'm starting to get worried. Maybe, they're in the hotel pool? For sure, Dakota will bring her phone. I'll call her. 

*ring* 

*ring* 

*ring*

I can hear it inside the room, I followed the sound and It was on top of the breakfast bar where a selection of food was prepared. I take Dakota's phone, and beside it was an envelope.