Chapter 27

Ethan

I wanted nothing more than to just tell him he didn't have to do this, the way he was crying right now was making me feel horrible. He was shaking he was crying so hard and there was nothing at this point that I could do or say that would help him. He was called to testify there was nothing I could do to prevent it. Maybe if I find out who the judge is I could stop this but in the end for this case I am just his father. I am not being called in to testify and I am not sure how much power I will have here. There was another knock on the door and I didn't even want to open it at this point because I was afraid if I let him go he would fall apart even more.

"Come in" I said hoping they would be able to hear me over his crying, "Shh bud its okay" I said even though I knew very well that it wasn't okay not even in the slightest bit. My front door opened and Riggs was standing there with Collins and Travis. "We heard and oh man" Riggs said as they noticed Ryder and he was a mess. "Riggs he can't do this" I said, "I don't know if he has a choice" Riggs said, "there has to be something, fuck! look at him does this look like a kid who wants to do this. He is terrified of this kid and he is never going to talk" I said. "Ethan, I get it the fowl things that this kid is saying makes me wonder what he grew up seeing. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he also worked for Drake. Ethan I wish there was something we could do" Collins said. "There has to be he is not doing this, he is falling apart here and he hasn't spoken a word even to me yet. This kid told him that if Ryder said anything he would cut out his tongue. Now I know that is absurd since he will be in jail but if for some reason he doesn't that threat is out there. Riggs get him out of this please" I said. "I will try boss but I mean I am not sure if there is anything I can do" he said. "Who is the kids lawyer?" I asked, "same lawyer that represented Drake and Tyler" Riggs said. That is what I was afraid of that lawyer was an ass and he scared Ryder with his questions. 

He finally stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms, I carried him to his bed and made sure Axel was with him. I walked back out to my friends, "Listen this can't and won't happen, I will not allow my son to be tortured by this. He did this once already and we are still trying to get over that. I am not sure how much more he can take, I really don't" I said. "Zoey thinks he needs to see someone for his problems she thinks he might have depression and anxiety issues" Travis said. "Yeah well, wouldn't you? if you were only 4 years old and have escaped death what 5 times now, I mean seriously. I am not sure how much more he can take at this point before he completely falls apart and I lose him forever. He already tried to run away on me and he ran away from my mother and ended up kidnapped. I can't at this point watch him fall apart more it is just too much for a 4 year old to take in. Who is the judge?" I asked, "we don't know yet, Wyatt is trying to figure that out" Riggs said, "I hate this so much, like what am I supposed to do here?" I asked them.

"I don't know man, we sort of came here to see if we could do something for you" Collins said, "yes you can make it so my son does not have to testify again! He is to young and fragile for this and I am afraid to lose him to this" I said. "Lose him how?" Riggs asked, "he isn't talking now and I am afraid I might have lost him altogether. Riggs he might be only 4 but he is scared for his life and I am not certain here but if he has to do this I am afraid we might lose him to all this tragedy" I said. "you mean to think a 4 year old will kill himself?" Riggs said, "no but I think he might go down a deep hole and never be able to come out of it" I said. "Jeez I will try Ethan but honestly at this point I really don't know what I can do" Riggs said, "I know fuck all this is so dumb. His life has not been easy and to think he is 4 years old what do you think this will do to him?" I said, "I don't even want to know" Travis said, and I knew how much he would hate for his kids to have to go through this. I heard Ryder scream, "we will leave you too it Ethan, and I will try figure this out" Riggs said as they left and I ran upstairs.