Chapter 3

Izayoi's P. O. V:

The next morning, I had already made breakfast and start to wake everyone up.

"Alright, breakfast time! We have to leave straight after," I say. My students wake up wit moans and Hiro tries to stay in bed longer.

"Just five more minutes..." He mumbles.

I say teasingly, "If you don't wake up now, Hiro, you'll miss out on breakfast."

He immediately sits up at that and says, "I'm up, I'm up! Where's food?!"

I chuckle and gesture to the fire just as Avaron and Fumio join us, the blond girl already dressed. Hiro scurries over to the fire and digs in the eggs I'd found and cooked as everyone else does.

Once camp was packed up, I go behind a tree a safe distance away and take out my sealing scroll. I place my hand on it and summon a suit of armor with a long white skirt and metal plates along it with a revealing breastplate that has a white flower in the middle and gauntlets with crisscrossing straps, revealing my Leaf ANBU symbol on my upper left arm, a choker with a white flower and a headpiece with white wings adorning it.

 I place my hand on it and summon a suit of armor with a long white skirt and metal plates along it with a revealing breastplate that has a white flower in the middle and gauntlets with crisscrossing straps, revealing my Leaf ANBU symbol on my upp...

I don the armor and put the scroll away before I step out to my group. "Everyone ready?" They all turn and gaze at me in surprise or awe.

"Wow, Izayoi, that's incredible!" Kai compliments.

Hiro asks with a tilt of his head, "What's with the fancy armor?"

"It's one her many armors Izayoi is known to wear during combat!" Amaya gushes. "It's called Heaven's Wheel Armor!"

"Hm. You've done your research, Amaya," I muse, a hand on my hip.

She says while blushing, "I may have read up on you once I learned you were going to be our Sensei."

"It's fine. I'm just surprised." After that, we continue to Mio Town. It starts off peacefully just like it did yesterday.

Later in the afternoon, we start to see a beautiful village in the distance. Hiro points out, "Is that it, Izayoi?"

I nod my head as I reply, "It certainly is. We're almost there."

We suddenly stop when a group of shinobi suddenly appears before us. "We won't let you go any further!" One of them says as they brandish a sword.

"Very well, then," I say, unsheathing Shoten and brandishing it. "We'll force our way through!" I charge ahead as my speed is increased drastically due to my sword, and it glows as it changes form, taking on a long sword with wings at the hilt. I slash a wave of energy at the men in front of me and they cry out as they go down, except for the one who had spoken.

I look back at the driver behind me and order, "Go! I'll hold them off. Hiro, Amaya, Kai, go with Fumio and make sure Avaron gets home safely."

"Yes, Sensei!" They chime before Fumio urges the horses on.

The ninja in front of me goes after them but I blur un front of him, barring his way.

"I don't think so!"

"Ah, if it isn't the lovely Scarlet Thread of Konoha," He croons. "Sorry, but you're not my target—"

I cut him off by sweeping my sword with a grunt of exertion and several blades cut into him.

"I'm your opponent!" I challenge the ninja, noticing that some of them have already slipped away.

"If that's how you want it..." Says the brown haired man.

We glare at each other before we clash swords against one another.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Back with the Genin, they race down the path in an effort to tech the village, but a few shurikens are launched at them from the trees.

Hiro was fast to deflect them and the carriage is stopped when more ninja surround them, about four of them.

"This isn't good," Kai murmurs.

Amaya asks worriedly as she takes out a kunai, "Where is Izayoi?"

She deflects the enemy's slash as Hiro says, "She must've gotten held up with the rest of them." He forms fire around his fist and punches at his opponent who dodges.

"We need to protect Avaron at all costs," Says Kai before grtting into his stance and activating his Ice Release Shaping Jutsu, launching arrows of ice, at his opponent. One of the rogue ninja throws out their hands and earth spikes shoot forwards.

Kai narrowly avoids it but gets a scrape on his right leg, making him hiss.

Amaya does hand signs and focuses chakra to the back of her throat. "Water Style: Raging Waves Jutsu!" Water bursts from her mouth and expands as it reaches its target. He disappears to be replaced by a log.

She is suddenly kicked strongly from behind, making her cry out.

"Mai!" Kai exclaims.

"Earth Style: Turning Earth Tearing Palm Jutsu," Says the enemy before the ground starts to shift. The ground breaks up and spiral in on itself, knocking Kai unconscious and Hiro unconscious.

The enemy chuckle and easily break into the carriage and are about to grab the girl, who is cowering at the back of the carriage.

Back with Izayoi...

With a cry of immense exertion, Izayoi takes out more men with a wave of energy from her sword. The one who'd challenged her is unconscious, sword lying near him.

"I can't believe it! One woman took out all of us?! What will the boss say?!" One man says fearfully.

Izayoi cuts down a few more with another sweep of her sword which leaves a handful left.

"Ah! I'm outta here!" The man exclaims before fleeing.

Izayoi forms several swords in a circle above her head and chants, "Now, dance my swords!" With a grunt of exertion, she thrusts her arms forward and the swords strike the enemy, wiping them all out.

Izayoi breathes heavily before dropping to her knee. She feels she's low on chakra and hopes her students are alright.

"I'll be there soon," Izayoi thinks to herself. "Just hang in there."

Just when Avaron thinks she'll be taken by the men, they suddenly cry out in pain and collapse. Avaron gasps at the sight of Izayoi, straightening.

"Izayoi! You're okay!" Says Avaron in immense relief.

Izayoi looks her over as she asks, "Are you alright? They didn't hurt you?"

"No, but, Kai and the others..." She mutters, glancing worriedly at the brunette behind Izayoi.

Izayoi follows her gase and worry tugs at her heart.

Fumio offers, "If they're still unconscious, we can put them in the carriage and take them to the village. They can rest there."

Avaron nods her head.

"Okay." Izayoi sheathes her sword and goes to check on her students. Only Amaya regains consciousness and helps put the boys in the carriage. Then they continue to the village.