Chapter 36

Izayoi's P. O. V:

It was nighttime in the fourth of August as I finish tucking my second child to bed.

Akemi leans on her elbow as she says sadly, "I miss daddy, mummy."

My brown orbs soften as I murmur, "I do, too." I've taken the kids to visit him every day. Just so Kakashi knows we're there for him. We'd also brought him flowers, too.

"When will he wake up?" Akemi questions.

"When the new Hokage comes," I reply, perching on the edge of her bed.

"We're getting a new Hokage?" Akemi asks. I nod my head.

"That's right. She's Tsunade Senju, a master of the healing arts. She'll be able to wake your father up."

Hope shines in Akemi's brown orbs. "Tsunade Senju will be our new Hokage?! I can't wait to meet her!"

I smile softly. "Neither can I. You need to go to sleep now. You have the Ninja Academy tomorrow. But, when you're finished, I'll pick you up so you can see your father, okay?"

She nods before lying back down. "Okay. Goodnight, mum."

I say as I get up and head for the door, "Goodnight."

I close it and head to my room. I get into my pyjamas and sit up in bed, gazing out the window.

Above our bed are a few photos: there's one of Team Minato, Kakashi's former Genin team, Team Osamu, my former Genin team, my own Genin team with Amaya, Hiro and Kai, a picture of me being hugged from behind by Kakashi under a cherry blossom tree, when we were first dating, another of me looking surprised and flustered as Kakashi appears behind me, as I wasn't ready for the photo, or expecting it, another photo is of Team 7, Ken and Akemi when she's just turned six years old, and the final photo is of our whole family.

(What Izayoi looks like in that photo)

It's been nearly six weeks since baruto and Jiraiya left to find Tsunade, but Kakashi hasn't woken up or said a word.

I've cried myself to sleep most nights thinking about it.

I've spent most of my time sitting at Kakashi's bedside, holding his hand so he knows I'm there, praying for him to wake up.

Kasumi was able to get me out of the hospital to go train and spend some time with her and our Sensei.

I feel so lonely without Kakashi right now.

I silently wonder where the hell Naruto and Jiraiya are. They should be back any day now.

I let out a sad sigh before I get under the covers and eventually drift off to sleep.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

I grunt with exertion as I swing Shoten in its original form, slashes cutting into trees.