Chapter 5

Izayoi's P. O. V:

A few days later, Hiro comes back into the house one evening looking all battered as Kai helps him.

We turn from the table as he chuckles and says, "I did it! I made it all the way to the top of the tree."

I smile as I praise, "Congratulations. You can now join us in guarding Avaron." Hiro laughs joyously at that. "You can have something to eat."

"Okay!"

The two join us for dinner. We take turns guarding Avaron through the evening, but so far, there was no sign of the true enemy.

I was going to check on Kai who is currently guarding Avaron only to see he's outside her bedroom door while the blond is talking to him.

I smile and take my leave.

Kai's P. O. V:

I let out an annoyed sigh as I see Izayoi Sensei leave. I don't know why, but Avaron keeps clinging to me. It's kind of annoying and I can't really wait till my shift is taken over by Amaya. Which is in about an hour. We're taking turns guarding Avaron every hour.

The blond girl continues chatting my ear off and I suppress anther sigh of annoyance.

"How about before you and your team go back, we go on a date? Get to know each other more?"

"Maybe," I reply absentmindedly, my brown gaze drifting around for the enemy.

"If you have time, I could even show you around the village a bit!"

"Sure, I guess."

I mumble a few worded sentences as replies whenever Avaron speaks since I was busy keeping watch. Finally, finally, Amaya shows up about an hour later, grinning when she sees my irritated expression and Avaron is continually chatting to me.

"If you're busy having a private conversation," Says the silver haired girl and I throw her a pleading look, "I can come back later?"

"Yes/no," Avaron and I say in unison.

She tells my teammate, "I only need Kai to guard me."

The Ikeda raises a grey eyebrow at that. My expression intensifies. "Look, Avaron, I get that you're set on Kai, but Hiro and I are just as capable at guarding you. Kai will definitely be back later."

"Okay," Avaron mumbles.

The Fukushima trudges back into her bedroom.

I mouth thank you to Amaya as we walk past and she just nods back to me.

I heave another sigh as I wander down the hall.

Izayoi's P. O. V:

I go up to Amaya who is standing outside Avaron's door and ask, "Anything?" I have changed into a black armor that has wings and reveals my stomach and has a high collar.

As its name implies, this armor is black in color, sporting some silver trimming. A distinctive feature of the armor is its pair of wings, which are reminiscent of those of a Dragon or a bat. Around my neck is a neck guard decorated by several gems, and, while wearing this armor, my long scarlet hair is tied up in a high ponytail, with two bangs framing my face. My large shoulderpads, each composed of two silver-edged plates one over the other, sport silver crosses on them too, and flank the high collar, whose shape is reminiscent of that of a dress. The silver-edged breastplate reveals a fair amount of my cleavage and belly, with plates flanking my hips and reaching down to her very large waistguard, composed of very long, silver-edged plates shaped like feathers and decorated by silver crosses. The waistguard leaves the front of my body exposed, with her groin being covered by a dark indument. The slim gauntlets come equipped with prominent protection for her hands, each sporting silver patterns. The plates guarding her legs are sliver-edged on my thighs and knees, but pitch black dark on my metal greaves.