Chapter 55

Izayoi's P. O. V:

I break away and a loud slap echoes through the corridor. Hideki's head jerks to the side, a red hand print on his left cheek.

Flustered, I demand, fists clenched, "What the bloody hell are you doing?!"

"Kissing you," He says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I told you before that I'm already married! Were you not paying attention?" I snap with narrowed brown eyes.

"It may have slipped my mind," Hideki says with a single shrug, smirking. I scowl at him, worry filling my heart. Worry at how my husband will react.

"Do you have any idea how Kakashi will react to this?" I breathe.

"He won't really be able to do anything about it since I'm the leader of this village. Besides, I think you enjoyed that?"

"No, I didn't!" I snap back. I scowl again.

I turn sharply on my heel and return to the room I'm sharing with Kakashi.

Back in the room, the Hatake asks me, "How did it go?" I just stand in front of him, trying to process my words. I was still stunned from that kiss. "Is Hideki coming back with us?"

"... No, he isn't," I say at last. Kakashi's visible eye softens as he comes over and kisses me once.

"I'm sorry, Izayoi-chan," The silverette haired man murmurs.

I gaze at him for a long moment, before I avert my eyes and sigh. "Kakashi, there's something I need to tell you."

"Hm?" He looks at me questioningly.

Third Person's P. O. V:

"Yes, the Leaf ninja will be going back tomorrow," Hideki was saying to a palace guard as the walk through the hall. "I was thinking of—"

"Hideki Senju!!" An angry voice calls.

"Hm?" The said man turns, only to be met with the sight of a pissed off looking Kakashi. Izayoi comes running up and stops short. The Arashikage questions calmly, "Is there a problem, Kakashi?"

"Is it true?" He demands as he faces him, ignoring the guard getting ready to defend his leader. There's a look of absolute rate on Kakashi's features.

"Is what true?" Asks Hideki.

Clenching his fists, Kakashi says, "You kissed my wife!"

Realisation dawns on Hideki's features but a smirk crosses his lips as he glances to the redhead. "Oh, that. So she told you. Yes, I did kiss your wife."

"Why?!"

"I couldn't resist." Hideki feels something strong collide with his right jaw, sending him sprawling to the floor.

"Kakashi!" Izayoi exclaims as her husband straddles the Arashikage, after having just punched him, and proceeds to repeatedly punch his face. "Kakashi, stop!!"

"Unhand Arashikage-sama, this instant!!" The guard demands, but he was ignored. The sound of running feet reach their ears and Naruto, Sakura, Hiro, Kai, Amaya and Kasumi show up, confusion on their features.

"Wh-What happened?!" Sakura exclaims, watching her Sensei beat up the Arashikage, never having seen her Sensei react like this before.

"Why is Kakashi Sensei beating up Hideki-sama?" Naruto asks in confusion.

"First you try to kill my wife, then you kiss her?! What is the matter with you?" Kakashi growls, and understanding dawns on the others' faces.

He pauses long enough for a bloodied Hideki to say, cheek swollen, "We both know that Izayoi enjoyed it." He's cut off by another punch that rocks his head to the right.

Kakashi does a set of hand signs and Izayoi and the others gasp when they see lightning forming in his left hand.

"I'll make you pay for that!!" Kakashi threatens, before he thrusts his lightning covered hand at Hideki.

However, there's a loud slap and the Jutsu is halted inches from Hideki's face, causing Kakashi to frown before he jerks his head up.

Izayoi stands there, hand latched around his wrist as fear glistens in her brown orbs.

"Izayoi..." Kakashi mutters, struggling against her strong grip.

"P-Please, stop, Kakashi-kun," She pleads.

"H-He kissed you," He stutters in disbelief.

"I know," She replies, "but you can't kill him. He's our client, and the leader of this village. If—If you kill Hideki, then the whole of Arashigakure will turn on us. Please, get rid of Chidori and, and calm down. Let's just talk about this."

They gaze at each other for a moment before Kakashi glances to the guard about to attack him, then to his own students.

His eye turning a bit dull, Kakashi relaxes his grip and the lightning fades. Izayoi feels relief as he climbs off the Senju and releases Kakashi's wrist.

"Kakashi, I—" The red haired woman begins but the Hatake was already walking away.

Izayoi gazes after him sadly as the guard helps Hideki to his feet and asks in concern, "Sir, are you okay?"

"I'll be fine," He waves off the guard and looks to Izayoi. She was gazing after her husband sadly.

"Izayoi?" She looks to Kasumi, a soft smile on her lips. Her voice is gentle. "Go talk to him. We'll handle things from here."

Izayoi nods gratefully. She doesn't look back as she races out after her husband.