Chapter 34

Izayoi's P. O. V:

I sit on my bed in my bedroom, already dressed for the funeral. Many lives were lost in the battle against the Sand and Sound ninja. Including my own father's.

Along with the Hokage's.

I'm grateful to everything he's done for me. He took me in and accepted me despite the fact I was born an outsider.

I could never hope to repay his kindness now.

I haven't really smiles since I learned of what happened to my father. He may not have been my biological father, but he'd raised me and taught me everything I know.

I'd cried myself to sleep last night and Kakashi had held me while stroking my hair. I'd eventually managed to go back to sleep.

I rarely cry, and the only one who's ever seen me is Kakashi.

The foreign ninja here for the Chunin Exams left not longer after the invasion.

Kakashi has already left to go see the Memorial Stone, though I saw him before he left and he'd kissed my forehead. He'd told me he'd see me at the funeral soon.

Solemnly, I finish tying the white obi around my waist, having dressed in a black long sleeved kimono.

I take one last look in my floor length mirror before I tie my headband around my head, like Sakura's, and slowly exit my bedroom

I don't meet Kakashi on the way down the hallway. The house was empty, silent. With just me and my babies.

I call, "Akemi, Ken, are you ready?"

Footsteps pad over the floor and my two children appear, dressed in black as well. They both have somber faces on.

"Ready, mother," Says Akemi, as she and Ken stop before me. She sniffles. "I miss him. And Grandpa."

I kneel down in front of her and brush some red hair back as I murmur, "I do, too. But they both died protecting what they love. We should treasure their memories and try to live on—for them."

Akemi and Ken nod their heads. I hug them before taking their hands and I lock the house behind us before we go to the funeral, stop the Hokage tower.

You could feel the dreariness in the air, a dark cloud hovering above us as I meet up with my students.

Without a word, we walk toward the Hokage tower for the funeral. A chill wind blows across the street.

The funeral was to take place atop the Hokage tower. We were all with our teams, with me next to Kasumi and Kiba; the ninja are on the roof, with ANBU and civilians below. Before us is a long table decorated with pictures of those who've died in the battle, along with all four Kage.

I couod only stare at the picture of my father, feeling sadness overwhelm me. I force back my tears.

The two village elders, Koharu Utatane and Homura Mitokado, stand in front of it. They were both really old with gray hair. Suddenly, it starts to rain, as though the sky itself is crying.