Chapter 16

Izayoi's P. O. V:

"Water Style: Water Trumpet Jutsu," Says Samui as he does hand signs. He blows out a glob of water in the shape of a trumpet but Kai dances back to avoid it. "Water Style: Water Wolves Jutsu."

After weaving more hand signs, wolves form out of the water and charge for Kai.

Kai does his own hand signs. "Ice Release, Shaping: Ice Sword." A sword forms in his hand and Kai cuts through the water wolves.

A smirk forms on his lips once all the wolves are defeated. However, they suddenly reform, growling.

"What the heck?!" Kai exclaims.

Samui explains, doing another set of hand signs, "You can cut down as many as you want, but they'll continue to reform! Ice Style: Eagles!"

Eagles made of ice are shot at my male student.

"Ice Style Shaping: Shield!" Kai forms a spiked shield but the eagles fly around it and throw the ravenette back with a cry.

Samui smirks.

"Come on, man! Get back up!" Hiro calls, hitting the railing with his fist.

Kai groans as he gets back to his feet. I gasp in concern as I've spikes shoot from Samui's hands towards my student. Thinking fast, Kai slams his hands down and sends ice spikes back to his opponent.

There's a boom as both attacks cancel each other out.

"The attacks canceled each other out!" Sakura murmurs in shock.

"That guy is kinda strong," Muses Hiro. "But I doubt he can take out Droopy Jaws down there!"

"I'm not giving up just yet!" Says Kai before doing hand signs. "Ice Release Shaping: Arrows!" He sends out several arrows of ice at Samui. Samui makes his own shield but it's more oval shaped and the arrows bounce off of it.

"Ice Release Shaping: Snow Tiger!" Samui forms a huge tiger of ice and it roars as it races for the Nakamura.

"Ice Release Shaping: Cage," Says Kai before leaping up and forward flipping, then slamming a cage of ice down on the tiger. The tiger roars as it tries to break free of the prison. "Ice Release Shaping: Saucer." Kai whirls around and sends out a razor saucer at his opponent.

It slams into him but then he cracks and turns into ice that shatters.

"An Ice Clone?!" Naruto exclaims.

Sakura cries out warningly, "Kai, behind you!" Kai whirls around just in time to see Samui firing a bunch of dragonflies made of ice at him. Mai leaps backwards off the cage and both attacks disappear as the dragonflies soar above him.

"Ice Release Shaping: Lance!" Kai thrusts his arms forward a few lances made of ice head towards Samui. One grazes is right side while he dodges the others. "Ice Release Shaping: Floor!" Kai slams his hands down and ice spreads out towards Samui.

Samui's black eyes widen and he slips over on the ice covered floor.

"Ice Release Shaping: Ice Geyser!" Kai slams his hands on the floor and ice spikes rise up to impale the white haired teen. However, it turns out to be another Ice Clone.

Kai groans in pain as suddenly, a Panther made out of ice slams powerfully into his stomach.

I gasp as both mine and Kakashi's eyes widen. "You shouldn't let your guard down, Kai," Samui mocks, now in front of Kai. "I don't go easy on my opponent, no matter who they are!"

"Man, that guy's brutal," Says Naruto as Kai collapses.

A tiger head forms on Samui's right hand and he punches at Kai, knocking him forward.

"Ice Release Shaping: Snow Dragon!" A dragon of ice rushes towards Kai and he screams as he's knocked around by the attack.

Samui smirks once Kai fails to get up and turns to the proctor. "I think you can call this match, Proctor.

Before Hayate gets the chance to say anything, there's a crack, causing all of us to turn. Kai's body is breaking up before it shatters into ice, startling Samui.

"He was an Ice Clone?!" Samui whirls around to see Kai right behind him with his bangs shadowing his eyes while holding a huge cannon made of ice, aimed directly at Samui.

"Ice Release Shaping: Ice Cannon!!" Kai then launches a massive ball of ice that barrels right into Samui's stomach. The white haired male cries out in pain as he's sent rocketing back across the room before landing on the floor, grunting with pain.

"The winner of this match is Kai Nakamura!" Hayate declares and we burst into cheer. I smile as Kai returns to the balcony.

"You were great down there!" I praise him. Kai grins.

"Thanks, Izayoi." He then groans and clutches his stomach wound.

I say seriously, "You should've gone to the infirmary right away. Come on, I'll take you." I then lead him to the infirmary where the medics patch up his stomach wound and other injuries. Once that was done, Kai was told to rest up in bed.

He was disappointed he couldn't see the other fights.

I leave the infirmary and rejoin Kakashi on the balcony.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Sakura soon returns from the bathroom and stands between Naruto and me.

Sakura wonders aloud, "I wonder who'll be next?"

As the two names shuffle on the board, Naruto says, "Well, no matter who's picked, it'll be two weirdos. This contest is chock full of them."

Kakashi says with a teasing smirk, "Well, you're one to talk."

"Yeah, good point," Adds Sakura, causing Naruto to deflate further.

"Hey!!" Cries Naruto indignantly, frowning. "Give me a break!!"

Sakura giggles as she pokes her tongue at him cutely.

Kakashi cuts her off with a pointed cough and nudge in her arm once the names stop shuffling on the board, causing Sakura to glance up at him. "I wouldn't be laughing if I were you."

He points to the screen and Sakura follows his finger.

The pinkette gasps upon seeing her name on the screen, along with Ino Yamanaka's.

Said blond was just as shocked as her rival as she returns from the bathroom.

Ino glares at Sakura who averts her gaze before glaring back at the platinum blonde haired girl.

Facing each other in arena, Ino tells Sakura honestly, "I never thought... I'd fight you. Or at least, I didn't think it would happen this soon! But done expect me to go easy on you."

Shikamaru says, "Of all the people for Ino to go up against... it would have to be Sakura. What a mess!"

"I know! I hope Ino will be okay..." Groans Choji, leaning on the railing.

Naruto cheers, "GO SAKURA!! YOU CAN DO IT! DON'T LOSE!"

"Begin!" Calls Hayate, and the two rivals run at each other, before the Haruno swings a kick that Ino ducks under.