Chapter 42

Izayoi's P. O. V:

The next morning, after breakfast, I go behind a tree and don my Armadura Fairy Armor.

This dual toned armor is composed of a simple pink breastplate joined to the collar, which sports a heart centered between two wing-shaped epaulettes. The pauldrons are structured by two pink plates, faintly shaped like wings, consecutively surmounted by one another and pointed downwards. They are adorned by intricate ornamental wings on each pauldron. The gauntlets completely envelop my arms and feature prominent feather-shaped decorations pointing backwards in correspondence to my wrists. 

My waistguard is made up by a tusset, similar to my pauldrons, with the upper white edges jutting over a thick brown belt separating the tusset from the breastplate. Underneath the waist guard is a short pinkish white skirt.

My greaves reach up to the center of my bare thighs and possess feather-like ornaments protruding from the upper edges of my greaves and the lower edges of my knee guards, which have similar motifs carved on them, and each sport a pair of small wings, one attached to the knee guard and one in correspondence to my ankles.

The armor is complemented by a large tiara adorning my head, with feather-shaped protrusions jutting out horizontally, and a large purplish white cape. In this outfit, my hair is styled into a pair of braids that flow down from the back of my head.

 In this outfit, my hair is styled into a pair of braids that flow down from the back of my head

Once I was finished, I step out to see that everyone has finished packing up camp.

"Are we all ready?" I ask.

"What's with the fancy armor?" Naruto asks, cocking his head. "Didn't you have one on before?"

Amaya explains, "Izayoi Sensei is renown for changing her appearance because she wears different armors for battle. This is Armadura Fairy. It lets Izayoi channel green energy through her swords." Everyone of the Genin stare at her. She blushes slightly. "I've just done a lot of research on The Scarlet Thread since she became my Sensei."

Kakashi says, "Yes, we're ready."

I nod my head as I give Yamato a stern look. He was sitting on a boulder with his arms resting on his knees. "Lead the way, Yamato."

He sighs and gets to his feet. We follow him through the trees, with us Jounin and Chunin surrounding him so he doesn't try anything.

Towards the end of the day, we arrive at a cave in the woods and stand before it.

"Is this it?" I ask sternly.

"Yeah," Replies Yamato.

"Alright then. Take us to your leader," I order.

Yamato seems to hesitate, before he suddenly starts laughing and Body Flickers away, surprising all of us.

"Later, losers!! Good luck finding Mikoto-sama! I doubt any of you will make it out alive!"