Chapter 31

Izayoi's P. O. V:

The crowd then calls for Sasuke's fight and start booing again.

Temari scoffs as she reaches back for the shiny, giant fan strapped to her back and takes it off. She then spins and flips her fan open, creating a wind that causes us to shield our faces. We turn our heads in time to see the blonde sitting on the fan as it flies down to the ground below.

Temari hops off her fan and lands in a crouch as Genma questions, the fan falling into her awaiting hand, "And? You are...?"

"It's my turn, right?" She says, fan testing against the ground, free hand on her hip.

"Well, you're sure an eager one, aren't you? Fine." A nod of Genma's head. "Let's start the next match, then." Genma then looks up towards the Nara. "Hey! You up there! Come down!"

Shikamaru complains, "Awe, come on! What are you doing, moving these matches up like this? Why does it have to be my stupid match that gets pushed up? Awe, man! This is such a drag!"

"Shikamaru Nara! Come on!"

Naruto cheers as he jumps over to the Nara and slams his hand against his back, "Alright! Go on Shikamaru! You can do it!!"

Naruto's hit makes the ravenette fall, screaming, into the arena, his arms flailing about.

Temari merely squeezes an eye shut as Shikamaru crashes to the earth.

"Naruto is oblivious to the annoyed expression on Shikamaru's face.

Then, the spectators boo Shikamaru and even start throwing their garbage at him.

Was that a banana peel?!

Temari thumps her fan on the ground as she calls to Shikamaru, "What is it?! You planning on giving up, too?" Shikamaru merely glances up at her, the crowd still booing.

Naruto cheers, "Come on! Come on! Get up and fight!" He cups his hands around his mouth. "Get it together, Shikamaru! You're going to get going sometime this year?!"

The Nara remains lying on the ground. Temari grips her giant fan, an irritated expression on her face. "Well! If you won't move, then I will!"

Genma calls as she starts running at her opponent, "Hey! I didn't start the match yet!"

Shikamaru grumbles, "I forgot... this girl's a spunky one. I hate spunky!" He takes out two kunai knives as Temari leaps into the air. With a cry of exertion, she brings her fan down atop Shikamaru just as he thrusts up his kunai, sending up a dust cloud. Naruto gasps.

The dust clears to show Temari's fan embedded in the earth, but the Nara having vanished. She gasps a couple of times before jerking her head up, for Shikamaru is standing on the two kunai he'd embedded into the wall, hands in his pockets.

He states, "It really doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me whether I ever become a Chunin or not, but I guess maybe I shouldn't let myself get beaten by a female." Temari scowls. "So? Let's do it!"

Temari scowls again. She pulls back her fan and flips it open before giving a mighty swing, emitting a huge gush of air. The wind dies down to reveal Shikamaru has vanished once more.