Chapter 8

Third Person's P. O. V:

Izayoi cries out with exertion as she repeatedly slashes at the earth golden. But no matter how hard she tries, sue can't make a dent in it.

"Not even a powerful explosion can destroy this defence," Says Genji has Izayoi jumps back and breathes heavily. She glares at him.

"Nevertheless," She says, holding up her sword with two hands, "every Jutsu has a weakness. It takes one to find it." Izayoi glares back at the silverette before changing her sword to the Heaven's Wheel blade. She summons a circle of them above her head along with another in her hand. "Now, dance my swords!"

With a thrust of her arms, she sends the swords flying for the golem. There's an explosion, but when it clears, the golem reveals to still be intact.

"Okay. Since earth is usually weakest against lightning..." Izayoi changed her sword into a spear with a round decoration and white ribbon near the tip. She jumps up and spins the spear before thrust ing it at the golem.

The lightning hits but there's no damage.

Genji smirks before flicking his hand. The golem charges for the redhead and she grunts sharply as it knocks its fist against her side, causing Izayoi to roll across the floor.

The golem looms above her and she gasps when she sees it's about to bring its foot down on her.

Izayoi decides to use this chance to ram her sword under its foot and use the golem's momentum against it by pushing forward, causing it to topple.

The golem hits the floor with a heavy thud.

Genji's smirk fades.

Izayoi straightens and glares right back at him. "Surrender," She commands.

"Never. Earth Release: Battalion Spear Barrage," Says Genji before spears infused with chakra shoot towards Izayoi.

She easily evades them before Charing around to her opponent. Izayoi leaps and swings her sword toward him but Genji uses the Light Weight Rock Jutsu to float away, much to Izayoi's shock as her attack misses him.

"He's flying," She thinks, watching him carefully. "I'll just bring him down!" With a grunt of exertion, Izayoi flies upward with her armor wings and swings her sword in a massive arc, and a wave of energy sweeps towards her opponent, creating an explosion upon impact.

There's a grunt and Izayoi smirks when she sees that Genji is on the floor. He pushes himself to his feet.

She lowers herself to the ground.

"So that's the power of the Shoten sword," He murmurs as he faces the Leaf ninja. "I've heard of it, but this is my first time seeing it. I heard it can connect its wielder to the energy of life."

Izayoi furrows her brows as she says, "That bay be true, but no one actually knows if it really exists."

"I suppose you're right about that. Earth Release: Earth Flow River!" Izayoi goes to run at Genji but mid forms beneath her and she struggles to get free. He smirks and turns towards the door to Avaron's bedroom. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a ransom to collect."

He's about to reach the door handle when there's a poof of smoke. He whips his head around to see that Izayoi had used the Substitution Jutsu.

Genji momentarily freezes when he sees the redhead dashing towards him, visible eye glowing red with her sword raised, pointed for his head.

Genji can't help drying out at the devilish expression on her features and narrowly dodges the sword, causing it to pierce right through the door. Izayoi hears Avaron screaming from inside the room but ignores her as she rips her sword out of the door.

"I told you: you're not going to take Avaron," She says coldly before turning to him.

"Then I'll just have to kill you first!!" Genji exclaims before throwing a bunch of kunai at her.

Izayoi just calmly deflects them as she stalks up to the blue eyed man. His eyes jerk wide as he throws more kunai but she continues making her way to him.

"Wh-What are you?!" He splutters. Izayoi deflects the last of the kunai and rams her sword into the wall beside Genji's head again, making him gasp. He didn't think he'd be afraid of anyone—especially not the Scarlet Thread.

"You're going to surrender yourself and leave Avaron and her family be," Izayoi orders with a low growl. Genji feels himself trembling, finding it hard to speak.

"Izayoi!" Said woman turns her head to see her students running towards her from down the hall. Her eyes widen with concern.

"What are you three doing here?!"

"We came to back you up, Izayoi," Says Amaya. She was covered in injuries more than her other two teammates.

Genji smirks before kicking Izayoi in the stomach and knocking her back with a grunt.

He does a set of hand signs. "Earth Style: Great Earth Opening Rising Exacavation!"

Izayoi's eyes widen when a geyser of earth suddenly erupts from beneath her, launching her into the air. When she comes back down, she rolls across the ground.

"Sensei!!" Amaya, Kai and Hiro exclaim in unison.

They go to run over to see if she's alright, but Genji is already doing another set of hand signs. "Earth Style: Tearing Earth Turning Palm."

Izayoi looks up with a gasp to see the earth spiralling in towards her students. They gasp in alarm, sticking close to each other.

Izayoi pushes herself to her feet and uses her sword to increase her speed greatly. She appears in front of Hiro, Mai and Kai, and holds out her sword, focusing her energy.