Chapter 38

Third Person's P. O. V:

The sound of crashes echo through the forest clearing as Izayoi easily deflects Kai's attacks with her Shoten.

"Ice Release Shaping: Lance!" He thrusts his arms forward and lances of ice shoot outward at the redhead.

She remains calm as she cuts through them with ease, isn't an energy slash.

Kai scowls.

Amaya does a set of hand signs and says, "Water Style: Liquid Bullet Jutsu." She fires off several bullets of water.

Izayoi swiftly changes Shoten to the Sea Empress sword and easily cuts through the bullets while emitting water herself.

Izayoi slashes her sword with a grunt of exertion, and Kai's and Amaya's eyes jerk wide as a huge wave of energy shoots for them.

The cry put before diving to either side. The wave of energy crashes against a few trees, knocking them down.

The Genin sweat drop.

Izayoi wonders aloud, "Where's Hiro?"

"Fire Style Secret Technique: Dragon Flame Trumpet!" Comes his voice from Izayoi's right. She sees the flames shooting at her from the corner of her eye before swiftly changing the sword to the Flame Empress blade.

Izayoi cuts right through the flames as she whirls around.

Hiro jumps forward with flames swirling around his right leg. "Fire Style: Flame Kick!" He swings it for his Sensei but she dodges it. Hiro pulls back and wraps fire around his fist. "Fire Punch!"

He repeatedly punches towards Izayoi with flames but she dodges every time.

Izayoi leaps back before launching for her pink haired student with flames wrapped around her sword. Hiro grins as he goes to meet her.

Kai and Amaya watch, tense, as the two bear each other.

Izayoi knocks Hiro down. The flames instantly go out.

She lands and states, "Alright. I think that's enough training for today. We're on standby until our next mission. I have to go pick up my kids for their ninja training."

Amaya asks as Hiro gets to his feet, "Can we help you train them, Sensei?!"

Izayoi smiles as she returns Shoten to normal and sheathes, replying, "I don't see why not. Wait here. I'll go get them."

Her students chime their agreement and take some water while they rest and wait for their Sensei to return.

Izayoi first gets Ken from the house, and thanks Tenten for watching him. Then she goes to the Ninja Academy. Akemi goes up to her and greets her brother and mother.

"Can we go train today, mum?" Asks Akemi.

"Of course. Hiro, Kai and Amaya will be assisting us."

"Cool!"

They arrive and Amaya says, "Hi Akemi. Hi Ken."

"Hi!" The say back.

"Are you gonna help me train?!" Akemi asks excitedly.

Hiro grins at her as he says, "You bet!"

Kai asks Izayoi as she sets Ken on the ground, "What are we starting with, Sensei?"

"Akemi's chakra affinity is lightning, but Kakashi and I have started teaching her the Earth Style Mud Wall Jutsu, so that Akemi can defend herself in case she's attacked," Izayoi explains. "So we're working on that again today. Then we'll practise some Lightning Style Jutsu. Let's get started."

                       🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Earth Style: Earth Wall." A wall rises up to about Akemi's thighs, higher than last time. They've been at this for an hour now.

Izayoi notes, "Impressive. You been practising on your own?"

Akemi nods. "Uh huh!"

"I'm glad. Let's get started on your Lightning Jutsus." Before sue can continue, Izayoi gasps as she whips a frown towards the trees. She senses unfamiliar presences.

"Sensei? What is it?" Amaya asks.

"I sense enemies in the village," She responds. Izayoi glances to her children. "Stay with Kai, Hiro and Amaya!" They nod and go to the Genin.

A kunai whizzes through the air towards Izayoi, but she was quick to deflect it with her sword.

A couple of shuriken follow right after but Izayoi deflects them, too. A chuckle comes from the trees.

"Show yourselves!" She commands. Two men step through the trees. "What do you want?!"

"You. You're an Uzumaki. We want to sell you to the highest bidder," Days the man on her left.

"No—!" Akemi exclaims.

"Stay back!" Izayoi orders.

She unsheathes Shoten and swings it, sending out a wave.

The two bandits dodge it.

"Hmph. Very well, then. I guess I'll just have to it the old fashioned way," Says Izayoi, sheathing her sword.

She charges towards the left bandit and slugs him in the jaw with a punch that knocks him right out. His friend is so surprised that he drops the barrier. He too goes down with a cry when Izayoi slugs him with a kick to the chest.

Her Genin and children gape at her.

"Holy... crap," Utters Hiro.

Izayoi says as she turns to them, "We need to tell the Hokage about this. I'll send for the ANBU Black Ops to deal with these guys."

Her Genin agree and they head for the Hokage tower.

                         🗡️🗡️🗡️

"I see," Tsunade hums after Izayoi told her what happened. "Well, I'm glad they didn't get away with it."

"I heard what happened. Where's Izayoi?! Is she alright?!" Kakashi demands as he throws the door open and rushes in. He stops upon seeing Izayoi with their children and her Genin in the room.

"Kashi-kun," She greets, smiling softly.

Kakashi asks as he strides up to her and cups izayoi's face, "You're not hurt, are you?"

"No," She responds.

"The kids?"

"Perfectly safe."

"Oh, thank goodness!" Kakashi pulls Izayoi into a fierce embrace, and she returns it.

Tsunade smiles as she watches the couple. She'd heard from Asuma that this is the happiest Kakashi has ever been since marrying Izayoi six years ago.

Tsunade speaks up., causing Kakashi and Izayoi to turn to her. "ANBU Black Ops have been notified and are dealing with the rogue ninja. You should go home and relax for the rest of the day."

Kakashi nods his head as he says gratefully, "Thank you, Tsunade-sama."

They leave and Izayoi hugs her husband's arm as she leans on his shoulder as they walk, the children behind them.

"I'm so glad Izayoi was able to defeat the rogue ninja," Says Kai.

"Yeah. It just wouldn't be the same without her," Amaya agrees, nodding.

The Jounin say goodbye to Izayoi's Genin before they split off.

Izayoi goes home with her family and Ken and Akemi get snacks before they all go to the living room, where Akemi puts on the TV.

Izayoi sits against Kakashi on the couch with his arm around her shoulders.

Kakashi rests his chin on her head, grateful she's still with him.

Izayoi smiles at the contact as she relaxes against her husband.