Chapter 12

Izayoi's P. O. V:

The next morning, as I sit next to Kakashi in the teacher's lounge in the academy, Kurenai and Asuma opposite us, Kakashi murmurs with his arms on his knees, "It's quiet, without the Rookies around. Hmph. I almost miss them."

Asuma assures him, sitting next to an ash tray, "Don't worry. Chances are, they'll be back sooner than you think."

"Why's that?" The black eyed man asks as he lifts his head.

Asuma taps his cigarette against the ash tray before replying, "I heard that their first examiner this year is... Ibiki." Both Kakashi and I gasp at that.

I mutter as lean back and cross my arms below my chest, and Kakashi leans his left elbow on the back of the orange couch, his right arm around my shoulders, "Great! Sticking them with that sadist right off the bat."

Kurenai sounds confused as she asks, "Huh? What sadist?"

Asuma chuckles. "I forgot you're a new Jounin, Kurenai," He says, "otherwise you wouldn't have to ask that."

I sip my tea.

Cocking her head, Kurenai looks to me and Kakashi as she questions, "So I'm ignorant. Who is he?"

"He's what you might call... a specialist," Murmurs Kakashi as he raises his head.

"Oh, yeah?" Kurenai frowns, glancing to Asuma. "In what?"

The Sarutobi blows at his cigarette before answering, meeting her gaze, "Interrogation. Torture."

"Huh?" Kurenai blinks her striking red orbs.

"Oh. Of course he won't be using physical torture during the test. He won't need to. That's not really his thing, anyway. He works on people's minds, not their bodies. He's famous for it. Everyone knows about the head of the ANBU Torture and Interrogation Corps for the Hidden Leaf Village—Ibiki Moreno."

"You see, this guy, Ibiki," Asuma continues, "is a master of interrogation because he understands how the human mind works. He knows just where to prove to uncover your weaknesses. The thing is, he's so good at his job, he doesn't use physical torture—he doesn't need to." Asuma looks to Kirenai. "He just messes up your head so bad you torture yourself."

"I'm sure they'll be fine... I think," I mutter as I lean against my husband. It was another 45 minutes before the test was declared over and all of our Genin teams passed.

I was proud of them. We were notified by Anko Mitarashi about the next test's location: The Forest of Death.

That one I was a bit more concerned about as Kakashi and I pick up our daughter and son and go to the training grounds to train her for half an hour before dinner. I was worried because everyone can be your enemy, including man eating beasts and insects.

But I'm sure Teams 3, 7 and 8 will be fine, especially since Team 8 is a tracking team. I'll bet they'll fly through this next test.

I was cooking simmered salmon daikon for dinner as Akemi recounts her day at the academy and Kakashi sits with her at the round dining room table with Ken.

I smile as I listen to her talking.

After dinner, we sit on the couch together and watch tv for awhile, while I lean against Kakashi's shoulder, his arm around me, and Akemi lies on her stomach with her head in her hands on the carpet.

"What do you think the second test will be like this year?" I ask.

"I don't know. But I'm sure they'll be fine," He murmurs.

"Still, I can't help but worry about them," I sigh.

We fall silent.

At 10 0' clock, Kakashi and I put Akemi to bed and we fiercely make out in our own bed for awhile, while trying not to wake our daughter up.

We soon fall asleep with my head on his chest.

Before I know it, the next morning comes. We get ready and have breakfast as usual before Kakashi and I drop our daughter off at the academy.

We then go and meet with our Genin teams to let them know of the next exam's location, The Forty Fourth Training Ground, A. K. A. The Forest of Death.

Once we'd told our students where to go, Kakashi and I go to the another training grounds to train together while we wait for the next five days to pass.

I grunt with exertion as I swing Shoten at my husband, but he blocks it with a kunai. He used to use a Tanto that belonged to his father but it broke during the Third Great Shinobi World War.

He hasn't used a sword since. I did let him hold Shoten once but only I could wield it. He says he could feel the power behind the blade.

Kakashi parries another of my sword swings and jumps back before doing a set of hand signs. He then suddenly disappears into the ground.

I stop short of attacking him and close my eyes to focus. He's using his Hiding Like A Mole technique but I'm a Sensor type.

Where is he...?

I gasp but just barely manage to leap out of the way and back flip, focusing my chakra to my feet. I stick to the tree branch about twenty feet above the ground, seeing Kakashi's gloved hand sticking out and grasping at nothing.

I smirk. "You missed me, Kashi-kun!" I call down teasingly. He pops out of the earth and frowns at me.

"How is it I miss you every time?" He wants to know. I chuckle.

"I'm just too fast for you!"

I then leap down from the tree and forward flip as I cry out with exertion, preparing to swing my sword. Kakashi gasps as I send out a medium wave of energy at him. He dodges it with ease and I land on the ground.

I race towards the silverette as I swing Shoten. I was moving so fast my body is blurring, but Kakashi can match me for speed at the moment.

I swing my sword at him but Kakashi ducks and the blade narrowly misses scraping off the rips of his silver hair.

Kakashi and I dance around each other as we exchange blows back and forth. I feint for his right side but Kakashi evades it.

I smirk and change my sword to my Sea Empress sword, which is sea green with scales. As I swing it, water shoots out and hits Kakashi. I land another hit as I force him back.

Kakashi uses the Substitution Jutsu to avoid my next swing and I stagger forward a bit, blinking my eyes.

I feel him come up behind me but I spin around fast and kick behind his ankles. Kakashi grunts as he suddenly drops to the ground on his back.

I immediately straddle him and hold my sword at his throat, the both of us breathing heavily.

My scarlet red hair falls forward as I say, "I win again! What number was that now?" I grin and he looks exasperated.

"Don't be so cocky, Izayoi. I was going easy on you today," He lies.

"Yeah, sure you were, Kashi-kun," I say disbelievingly. I set my sword down as I press my hands to his chest and lean towards him, a sly smirk on my lips.

I see a hint of redness on Kakashi's face, just through his mask. I grip the edge of it with my fingertips.

"Don't worry, there's nobody else here but us," I reassure him in a whisper. His redness seems to intensify. I pull down his mask and connect my lips to his.

Our lips dance across each other as we remain like that in the training field, just us and nobody else, the birds chirping in the distance.