Chapter 56

Izayoi's P. O. V:

I search around for my husband and find him sitting on a hill overlooking one of the beaches, the sun setting in the distance.

I pout as I see his shoulders are slumped. I go up to Kakashi and say quietly, "Kashi-kun?" No response. He just gazes ahead with hands clasped together. "Kakashi? I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Did you really enjoy that kiss?" He finally speaks up, still not looking at me.

"Of course not! Hideki just kissed me out of nowhere! I don't even know why he did it," I say, looking away. I look back at Kakashi.

"You like him more than me, don't you?" Kakashi questions, finally looking at me.

Frustrated, I step in front of Kakashi and grab the front of his flak jacket, pulling Kakashi towards me. "That's not true at all! You're the man I love, no one else! I don't want to be kissed by no one else, except you!! I love only you! I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Kakashi Hatake. Why do you think I married you? Why can't you get that—?!"

I'm cut off with a gasp, because as I was shaking Kakashi slightly, we suddenly fall backwards and roll down the hill, grunting, Kakashi's arms immediately going around my waist, as we bump into plants that cough little spheres of light into the air.

We finally come to a stop at the base of the hill, the ocean lapping beside us. Kakashi is on top of me.

"You're right. How could I have been so blind just now?" He murmurs. "I love you just as much."

"And I'll always love you. Nothing and no one could ever change that," I murmur, wiping away some tears. They keep coming as I reach up and cup Kakashi's face, the spheres of light raining around us.

 They keep coming as I reach up and cup Kakashi's face, the spheres of light raining around us

Kakashi gazes back as more tears drip down my face. He wipes some away before cupping my cheeks and the both of us start leaning towards each other.

Our lips meet just as the sun goes completely down, enveloping us in darkness, the sky sprinkled with stars.