Chapter 22

Izayoi's P. O. V:

"So that's it, huh? That's all there is to the main branch's power?" Neji asks in disappointment. Sakura lets out a loud gasp.

Naruto demands in confusion, "Wait! What is going on?! I mean, I saw Hinata hit Neji perfectly!"

With a grunt, Hinata whacks Neji's hand away from her chest and thrusts her palm at him. He just grabs her wrist and stabs two fingers under her forearm.

 He just grabs her wrist and stabs two fingers under her forearm

What is this guy's problem?!

Neji then pulls up Hinata's sleeve to reveal nasty red spots sitting her arm. She gasps in surprise.

"But... you mean... all this time, you...!"

"That's right," Neji confirms. "I could see your chakra points the whole time."

"Huh? What is he talking about?" Naruto demands to know.

Kakashi explains, "On the chakra network, there are 316 energy centres, or chakra points, and each are only about the size of a head of a pin. Hitting one directly can affect chakra flow, either halting it or increasing it, depending on how the attacker strikes the chakra points. Theoretically, doing so allows a ninja to gain complete control over an opponent's chakra flow."

He adds, "But these chakra points, they're undetectable, even to my Sharingan eye. And even beyond his ability to see the chakra points, he can target them accurately, even in an intense battle."

Neji grunts with exertion as he thrusts his palm at Hinata. He strikes her chest, knocking her back with a cry.

Stepping forwards, Neji tells her, "Look, Hinata, I'm completely out of your league, and that won't change. This is what separates the elite from the failures." Hinata gets on her knees, breathing heavily. "You may not like it, but it's a fact. From the instant you said you wouldn't run anymore, your fate was sealed. You were destined for failure. And now, you're consumed with hopelessness." Neji steps forward again. "Now this is your last warning, Hinata. Forfeit this match!"

"I... I..." Hinata clenches her fingers as blood drips on the floor. Neji frowns. She starts getting to her feet. "I never... go back... on my word!" She turns to her cousin. "Because that too is my Nindo—my ninja way!"

Hinata smiles at Naruto.

The blonde says, "I had no idea that Hinata's as tough as she is."

"She is a lot like you," Lee says to him.

Sakura nods her head in agreement. "You know, come to think of if, she is always watching you."

"Huh?!" Naruto whips his head to her n surprise.

Hinata turns serious as she activates her Byakugan once more.

Neji does the same as he challenges, "Bring it on!!"