Chapter 33

Izayoi's P. O. V:

Kakashi says with a frown, "Quite a lot of them, huh?"

"We've been careless," Says Guy. "And now even Hokage-sama..." He gazes towards the balcony where the Kage are standing. Guy gasps. "Izayoi, Kakashi, look, there! Inside the barrier."

We turn our heads only to see a tall man with pale skin, long black hair and green snake like eyes standing in place of the Kazekage.

"Orochimaru," Kakashi and I say in unison.

"Orochimaru?!" Sakura exclaims as she jumps to her feet. She turns to the arena. "Hey, Sasuke—!" But the Uchiha was already gone. "What?! He's gone!"

Two Sound ninja leap for Sakura and I mentally curse. Sakura gasps and covers her head.

However, before the Sound ninja could attack Sakura, Kakashi blurs before them and cuts them down with his kunai.

Kakashi leans over the pinkette on the back of her chair and tells Sakura, throwing her a sheepish closed eye smile, "Sakura? Just stay there while I trim the enemy down to size."

A Tokubetsu Jounin with shades perches on a rail and shoots out flames at incoming Sound ninja.

I engage two Sound ninja in combat, the enemy wielding kunai knives. Our bodies blur and their blades glint in the sunlight as they clash with my sword.

My brown eyes hard, I summon a second sword much to the enemy's shock, and continue to clash blades with them.

I dance around their kunai before I slash one in the gut and kick the other back into the wall.

Guy karate chops a Sound ninja and gives a war cry, making both me and Kakashi sweat drop. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was enjoying this. Heck, I am too!

I meet Kakashi's eye and the exasperated look confirms my thoughts. I send him an innocent closed eye smile before two Sound ninja engage Kakashi.

He dodges their attacks before kicking the one in front of him, then punching the one behind him.

Kakashi, Guy and I stand back to back.
Guy says seriously, "Nicely done. But I'm worried about Hokage-sama."

I ask in a serious tone, "What should we do? If we touch that barrier, we'll be incinerated

I ask in a serious tone, "What should we do? If we touch that barrier, we'll be incinerated."

Kakashi says, "Leave that to the ANBU Black Ops. We have enough to handle here. Besides, Hokage-sama isn't just some pushover, you know."

Guy and I say, "Yeah, but...!"

Kakashi says while looking back at me, "Just remember, Guy, Izayoi: he is the Hokage. He can handle it." We see Orochimaru moving the kunai and gasp. He stabs it into his own hand, however, spraying blood.

Orochimaru moves away from Hiruzen and holds up his hand with the kunai in it. He then removes his blue Kazekage hat. Hiruzen smiles as he faces his former student and removes his his own red Kage hat.