Chapter 49

Izayoi's P. O. V:

I wake up a few days with a smile on my face next to my husband, who isn't wearing his mask.

I reach out and caress his cheek. Kakashi's right eye opens and he smiles. "Morning," He greets.

"Good morning. Do you remember what today is?" I return.

"How could I forget? It's the day I married the woman I love," He answers.

Kakashi then leans on top of me and starts kissing my lips.

I feel like melting as our lips connect.

I tug at Kakashi's silver hair to which he growls at, and I smile to myself, knowing he likes it. I give his hair another tug and I earn a second growl in response.

We resume kissing until the door opens and Akemi's voice floats towards us.

Happy anniversary, mum, dad!"

We jerk apart and look to see the red haired girl is carrying a tray of breakfast for the both of us, Ken with her.

I ask as I blink my eyes, "What's all this?"

"Breakfast in bed, since it's your anniversary," Akemi explains. Kakashi helps her to place the tray between us so she doesn't spill anything. "I used one of mum's recipe books."

Kakashi says with a warm smile, "That's very nice of you two. Thank you."

"Enjoy your breakfast!" Ken chimes before they leave.

"This looks delicious," I say as I gaze at the food.

"I think our daughter will make a very fine cook one day," Kakashi comments.

I agree and we dig into the delicious meal.

Kakashi's P. O. V:

After breakfast and Izayoi and I get dressed for the day, the both of us having missions, and I promise to take her out for a date tonight before she kisses my cheek and takes our daughter to the academy.

I was trying to fly through my missions today so I could spend some quality time with my wife.

I manage to get seven S Rank missions done today before Tsunade dismisses me.

I bump into Izayoi and tell her to meet me at my team's training ground later.

I immediately book a restaurant seating for Izayoi and I before I head for the Yamanaka Flower Shop.

I look thoughtful as I pick out the perfect flowers to give to Izayoi. They were mostly just red roses.

"Hi, Kakashi Sensei!" Ino greets as I place the bouquet on the counter.

"Hello, Ino," I return brightly. She brings up the amount of money for the flowers as I open my wallet and tells me how much they are. "Thank you."

I pick up the bouquet as she rests her elbows on the counter and cheeks in hands, a knowing smile on her face. "Who are the roses for?"

"My wife," I respond, unable to stop smiling. "It's our anniversary today."

"Ohmygosh! That's so sweet of you, Kakashi Sensei!! Happy anniversary!" Ino gushes.

"Thank you," I say again. I take my leave.

The Yamanaka calls out, "Say hi to Izayoi Sensei for me!"

I nod before I head to my team's training ground.

                       🗡️🗡️🗡️

Once there, I take to the trees and spot Izayoi walking under one, gazing around in confusion.

"Where is he...? He said he'd be here..." She murmurs.

I smile to myself and use my chakra to stick to the tree branch before I suddenly appear, upside down, the bouquet of roses hidden behind my back, on the branch right above the scarlet haired maiden.

She whips her head around with a surprised gasp. "Kakashi! There you are. You startled me."

"Sorry, but I wanted to surprise you," I begin mysteriously before I whip out the roses, making her eyes widen a little. "Happy anniversary, Izayoi-chan." I smile widely at her.

A warm smile on her lips, Izayoi takes the roses and smells them, her eyes drifting closed.

"I love them. Thank you, Kashi-kun," Izayoi says and I swear my heart turns into a swarm of butterflies as she gives me a smoke she gives no one else.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you," She returns before standing on her tiptoes and leaning up towards me. I lean towards her and our lips connect.

We kiss even more passionately than we did this morning.

I just couldn't imagine a life without Izayoi.

I just couldn't.

We pull back and Izayoi tells me, "I've got your present waiting at home. I'll give it to you before we go to dinner."

I nod my head and we resume kissing.